Kylie Spinelli Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 Hello all! This is a 2-part question! 1: is it canonically correct to use Church Incense (or incense that is similar) in the home? I love the smell of Church Incense and I would LOVE to burn some in my apartment. Is it okay to burn some in my home? (see part 2) 2: Where can I get some? Or some that smells similar to church incense? I've tried to find it and I've no clue what I am looking for! Thank you and God bless! ~Kylie
Gabriela Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 I burn frankincense and myrrh in my apartment. I buy it at local organic stores. It smells kinda church-y. I love it, too. :)
Basilisa Marie Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 As far as I know, there's nothing in canon law about it. It's fine! As long as you aren't using it for a specifically non-christian religious practice, you're fine. :) Ask your local priest or (better yet) sacristan what brand of incense they use. My own home parish used "St. Michael" and "Queen of Heaven" - one was sweeter, so we used that one for Advent, and the other for Lent. :) But lots of hippie stores will let you smell the sticks before you buy them. Frankincense is a good place to start. :)
brandelynmarie Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 (edited) I own a small brass incense burner that holds the charcoal disks. I use it to burn actual resin-based incense just like they use at church. I had purchased everything at a Maronite Rite gift shop. :) I am very fond of it. Edited October 28, 2013 by brandelynmarie
Kateri89 Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 I own a small brass incense burner that holds the charcoal disks. I use it to burn actual resin-based incense just like they use at church. I had purchased everything at a Maronite Rite gift shop. :) I am very fond of it. Off topic but your avatar picture is soooo cute!
brandelynmarie Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 (edited) Thank you! :blush: I googled St. Therese child costumes & all saints costumes. :) And now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :) Edited October 28, 2013 by brandelynmarie
Kylie Spinelli Posted October 29, 2013 Author Posted October 29, 2013 Do you maybe think that there's an issue with me buying incense from those "hippie stores"? I'm just worried about opening doors to anything dark, if you know what I'm talking about. I've had a lot of issues with spiritual warfare in my life and I really don't want to invite any haha :) Thanks for all the suggestions!
blazeingstar Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 The Country Dreams lotion from Bath and Body works has a light smell that smells like incense.
dUSt Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 I buy frankincense and mihr from a local African shop. Burn it in the hizouse.
Seven77 Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 Get some sandalwood incense from an Indian store.
GeorgiiMichael Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 I got some of this today at a Christmas store: http://www.knox.de/en/Shop/Incense/classic-and-herb.html?id=144&stk=11 But with a box with a nativity scene instead of an ugly santa
brandelynmarie Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 If you buy a box of incense from an iffy store, just lightly bless the box with holy water before using them. :)
Kylie Spinelli Posted October 29, 2013 Author Posted October 29, 2013 Good idea :) Thanks! If you buy a box of incense from an iffy store, just lightly bless the box with holy water before using them. :)
cmaD2006 Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 You can order samplers from autom.com (it is a Religious Goods website). I would have them ship a catalogue to you ... the website is clunky (and you can find things quicker in the paper catalogue).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now