Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics Senators And Voting With The Church


Recommended Posts

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 3 2004, 11:29 PM'] She said a lot about peace...

[/quote]


Amen!!! Mother Teresa was awesome!!

[i]"Many people are very, very concerned with the children of India, with the children of Africa where quite a few die of hunger, and so on. Many people are also concerned about all the violence in this great country of the United States. These concerns are very good. But often these same people are not concerned with the millions who are being killed by the deliberate decision of their own mothers. And this is what is the greatest destroyer of peace today - abortion which brings people to such blindness.[/i]

--Blessed Mother Teresa"

Posted

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 3 2004, 11:41 PM'] I can't read all the comment right now I wish I could but the Rosary is beckoning. Don't get me wrong the issues should probly be weighted. They weren't. But John Kerry looks like a St. on that list of life issues (a whopping 11%) when compered to some one lady has a 0%. The poll was probly made to make Kerry look good, I will give you that. But it shows that quite a few senators from both sides vote with the Church on most issues. And one cannot be interpedent of the other. If we fix the issues of soictey abortion won't be needed. If we end abortion we can help fix soceity. Achiving one will mostly start an other.

I don't really know. I am tired and wanna pray and read. So till tm when I can read all the posts and not bits and peices out of context I won't reply.

Only think I wonder, is why does it look like pro lifers don't care about international issues. I mean okay I understand the GOP is more isolatioism or unilatieralism than some people but what about that makes the pro life. Or the dems being more international talk about it people. What about that makes them less pro life. I mean, lol, why can't one party reflect the church on all issues. The GOP does it on the 2 major ones (maybe 3, depends on how u count) of Sacinty of life (bar DP) and marriage. But the dems reflect them better on social issues. Why can't the dems who just need to see the life is life for the baby as for the crimaianl we seek to protect agaginst the DP? Or that marraige is man and wife. Not the man and man woman and woman thing. Why can't the GOP see international or soical issues better. What gives each party its own blindness? [/quote]
Don't allow yourself to be boxed in.

Throw out the party titles. Look at the end result.

Kerry has not defended the lives of the unborn, nor the sanctity of marriage and many other issues important to our faith. But is quick to cloak himself as a Catholic.

Bush is trying to get faith based organizations back involved in the government to bid on over $20 billion dollars in government money to help the homeless, to help period. He is also trying to protect the unborn, marriage, etc.

Since the 60's we have seen these 2 political parties change so much, but in the end, I care less about have an R or D on my chest, but a Cross.

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

Even serious international issues like fighting in Iraq are not as significant as abortion. Many more American babies will die from abortion today than soldiers have died in Iraq since the conflict began.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...