An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Me, My Parents, My Grandma, And The Whole Family

ChristinaTherese

ChristinaTherese

Me: I have a draft of a paper due tomorrow (the prof said I can turn it in after class, so at least I have some leeway), and I'm stressed because of my grandma. I visited her yesterday and her memory is flakey. She was explaining to us how the staff at the nursing home she's in never fed her on Saturday and they did feed her on Saturday. So it was really hard to see her like that, and I would greatly appreciate prayers for both myself and her. (Oh, and my prof knows about my grandma and I'm sure I can get more leeway if I need it.)

My parents: My dad is running right on the edge of the amount of stress he can handle right now, what with work and his mom doing badly. We keep saying how she's doing better, but that doesn't mean that it isn't hard for us to see her like this. And there are a few other issues with him that contribute to the situation and make it so he could use more prayers.

My mom is headed to a convention this week, and is going to be presenting a few different times. Again, her mother-in-law's situation really isn't helping her stress level right now, I'm sure. She doesn't mention it much, but I'm sure it's hard for her and she could use prayers.

My grandma: She broke her knee and had surgery about a week ago. Now she's recovering in a nursing home, and is still not predictably lucid. She has been found sitting on the edge of her bed as if she is about to get up and walk multiple times by the nurses. One of her sisters-in-law is organizing visitors so that they can cover time being with her more, but my mom has told her not to worry about covering every minute or even every hour of the day.

The whole family could really use prayers. And please don't neglect my brother. He's on the other side of the country, but that doesn't make things easier for him, I'm sure.