Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Media Gets Pope Francis Wrong


Recommended Posts

Posted

An interesting commentary and Catholic Culture article on why media gets Pope Francis wrong :

 

http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/otn.cfm?id=1000

 

".......Excerpt only................." If you read the Pope’s actual statements, if you watch his behavior, you realize that although he has a striking and often provocative personal style, he is no revolutionary. He is, rather—as he has described himself—very much “a son of the Church.” There will be changes at the Vatican under his leadership, but not radical changes, and certainly not changes in doctrine.

To understand this pontificate, employ the “hermeneutic of continuity.” Assume that Pope Francis is not .............."..........to read entire article (not long) go to above link

 

Posted

I don't read things that use 'hermeneutic" non-ironically.

Posted

When did hermeneutic become a hipster word?

Not The Philosopher
Posted

When did hermeneutic become a hipster word?

 

Right around the time I did my English major.

Posted

Excellent article! I actually had a coworker tell me that she really hopes that Pope Francis will change the Church's teaching on birth control. I tried to give the briefest explanation why the won't happen (that BC is actually physically bad for you).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...