An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Going To Watch Catching Fire

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

In twelve hours, I'll be at the Warren drinking overpriced pop and eating grossly overpriced candy as I watch useless previews, dying of anticipation for Catching Fire to start. I can't remember the last time I was ever this excited for a movie. I'll tell you if I survive the anticipation. If you haven't heard anything from me, I hope you have the cognitive abilities to figure out that this means I did not in fact survive.

dood, I started a thread about this, but that's ok. I really liked it and thought it was miles better than the first. The initial 15 minutes was like woah. Adaptation from page to screen-nailed it.

PhuturePriest

dood, I started a thread about this, but that's ok. I really liked it and thought it was miles better than the first. The initial 15 minutes was like woah. Adaptation from page to screen-nailed it.

Haha. I figured that might be the case, but I'm on a slow iPod, so wasn't willing to check.

I loved the first, so if it's way better that's exciting news. I'm really excited about Finnick in particular because he's my favorite character.

This was my first real exposure to Hunger Games. I greatly enjoyed it and will probably download and read the books.

I haven't read the books, just seen the films. Why do the rich people dress and style their hair and make up so strangely?

Edited by tinytherese

PhuturePriest

I haven't read the books, just seen the films. Why do the rich people dress and style their hair and make up so strangely?

I've read the books. Basically, they have really strange fashion because it shows how strange and detached they are from the real world, or in other words, the other Districts.

PhuturePriest

This was my first real exposure to Hunger Games. I greatly enjoyed it and will probably download and read the books.

Don't be boring and buy a real, physical book!

I haven't read the books in awhile but I remember liking each successive book less than the previous one.  As far as I'm concerned, it became too focused on the love triangle and I'm not interested in the twilight-style drama...that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie and am excited to see this one too   :proud: