An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spiritual Direction Communities?

Mary+Immaculate<3

ToJesusMyHeart

Apostles of the Interior Life

They consider themselves a society of apostolic life, not a religious institute.

One of them is my spiritual director. 

Do Franciscan Sisters TOR offer spiritual direction?

They might do it on a case-by-case basis.  I know the Friars do spiritual direction as an old friend knew them in PA.

Do Franciscan Sisters TOR offer spiritual direction?

Yes ... there are sisters specifically trained in spiritual direction.

Apostles of the Interior Life

They consider themselves a society of apostolic life, not a religious institute.

One of them is my spiritual director.

They also have a spiritual direction training program.

What are some religious communities of sisters that have an apostolate including spiritual direction?

Why?  Because you want spiritual direction or you want to be a spiritual director?

Mary+Immaculate<3

Why? Because you want spiritual direction or you want to be a spiritual director?

I dunno. I was just wondering.

Also, many contemplative communities will offer spiritual direction.  It's a form of work that is very compatible with a contemplative life.

They may not advertise it like the Apostles of the Interior Life do, but if you call up a cloister and ask if they offer spiritual direction the answer may be "no" but they won't think it a bizarre question.  That is a thing that monasteries have done for centuries.

(And to clarify, I don't mean "advertise" in a bad sense at all.  No slam on the Apostles of the Interior Life!  With all the people on phatmass who talk about how difficult it is to find a spiritual director, there is nothing bad at all about saying "Hi, we offer this service and you can contact us for it!")