Not The Philosopher Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 One of those ghosts, eh? The one time I missed an exam happened when I accidentally got the timing wrong. After a couple of hours of thinking my academic career was going up in flames, I found out that I could take a make-up...a few months later.
Chrysophylax Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 Sigh. I kind of envy all of you who are already done with finals. Mine are just starting. Actually I am pretty stressed out right now because aside from finals, I have my tutoring job still today and tomorrow, and tonight I have to do a final review for all the statistics students from 4-6PM, and then I have a lab report due tomorrow and a quiz in physics and the first part of my Calculus 2 final tomorrow. Then I have the weekend to study and do two homework assignments, but I'm busy all day Sunday with my other job until later in the evening. Then I have a final every day Monday through Thursday. I feel overwhelemed everytime I start thinking about how much I have to do!! And I haven't had time for any recreational reading! :cry: At least I am well supplied with snacky things, fruit, gum, and other study aids! Also, I recently descovered the caffine nap, which worked pretty well the one time I used it. Oh, and for all the other people who also use these types of studying incentives:
BG45 Posted December 12, 2013 Posted December 12, 2013 One of those ghosts, eh? The one time I missed an exam happened when I accidentally got the timing wrong. After a couple of hours of thinking my academic career was going up in flames, I found out that I could take a make-up...a few months later. Darn, at least you got to make it up! And I feel no pity for this guy; the Final was open for 24 straight hours. He was reminded via D2L (our online learning platform) announcement, e-mail, in the syllabus, and had he come to class...the last six times we met in class.
LinaSt.Cecilia2772 Posted December 13, 2013 Posted December 13, 2013 Two more finals tomorrow, one at 8 AM (ugh) and another at noon. Then I hop a plane home and I honestly can't wait.
Deus te Amat Posted December 13, 2013 Posted December 13, 2013 I don't mean to butt in again but is it just me, or is real life like having finals every day?
Chrysophylax Posted December 13, 2013 Posted December 13, 2013 Ugh. I am so frustrated. And I still have more things to do, but I have to finish this first, and I am stuck and don't know what to do. I strongly dislike thermodynamics. If anyone sees this and would say a prayer for me I would really appreciate it.
OnlySunshine Posted December 13, 2013 Posted December 13, 2013 I found out I got a 79.5/C on my Latin final which brings my final grade to a B. I have As and Bs this semester so I am satisfied and happy. ;)
CatherineM Posted December 14, 2013 Posted December 14, 2013 Done. Found out I made an A+ on my first final and an A- on my term paper because it was too late.
Chrysophylax Posted December 14, 2013 Posted December 14, 2013 I'm doing ok. I got through today, and the first part of the one final went well. I have three homework things to finish tonight, and should study for the geography and the Physics finals, but the others can wait for a bit. Tomorrow I will have some time to just ignore finals and studying for most of the day, because it is our annual Christmas cookie baking day and I will be helping with that. I'm headed downstairs to do homework now.
AnneLine Posted December 14, 2013 Posted December 14, 2013 Chryso... I think you will be our FINAL FINAL! I remember the horrible year I had my last final ending at 9:45 on the 23rd of December. I do hope your last one is before that!!!! Let us know how we can encourage you!
CatherineM Posted December 14, 2013 Posted December 14, 2013 I meant to say my paper was too long, not too late.
AnneLine Posted December 14, 2013 Posted December 14, 2013 LOnger papers are easier papers. It is the tiny ones that always were a challenge for me. 'Write 300 words on the distinction between liberty and license.' O yeah, right!
CatherineM Posted December 15, 2013 Posted December 15, 2013 It was supposed to be 7 pages. I did 17. He loved it though.
cartermia Posted December 16, 2013 Posted December 16, 2013 My finals start on Tuesday, say a pray please especially for lots and lots of snow! I am mainly stressed out about my math, I have an 80.9% in the class right now and I have to at least get it up to a 86%. Ugh! I hate math! :bomb:
AnneLine Posted December 16, 2013 Posted December 16, 2013 oh, a special :console: for you... I hated Math. But you can do this...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now