An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cistercian Solemn Vows!

Pia Jesu

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Not knowing the actual scene, but during work many communities will have all the sisters wear a work veil and these are sometimes white or other colours.

The temporary professed and the "missae" sisters (sort of like externs) wear cream colored veils. Also, I think their novitiate can be longer than 2 years!

TheresaThoma

I know the Benedictines near me all wear white veils for work, particularly during the summer. It gets rather confusing particularly with the younger sisters because you don't know if they are a novice or just wearing the work veil.

So the Sister might have been wearing a work veil when they interviewed her.

graciandelamadrededios

I received a copy of commemorative booklet during the foundation anniversary of Dominican Nuns Monastery in Cainta, Rizal, Philippines and one solemn professed Nun wore a white veil.  I am not sure why but I noticed on the photos of this booklet that she is the infirmarian.  This could be work related - nurses wore all white.

The last time I visited the monastery in Cainta, Mother Rosaria, the American Foundress is bedridden.  Any news, Sr. Mary Catharine?

Gracian

Edited by graciandelamadrededios

graciandelamadrededios

Now, I'm remembering, I saw a video (fortunately, I saved it on my ipod) about the Discalced Carmelite Nuns from Poland who founded a monastery in Kazachstan and I noticed that one of the solemnly professed nun was wearing a white Veil during work period.  

Also, I noticed an aged Discalced Carmelite Nun wearing white weil on top of her black day veil in one of the French website.

Chiqui, you may want to ask around....