An Old School Catholic Message Board

Physical Examination

Want2beChrist'sBride

Want2beChrist'sBride

Hello,

I was just wondering does anyone know what is required for a physical examination for the application process? I do realise that this probably does vary between the different communities.

God Bless you all 

It's like any other full physical, blood screens, diabetes test, blood pressure, heart and chest exam, with specific reference to past medical history, any past injury, surgery etc.

As well as the full examination there will usually be quite a few questions of the kind 'Have you ever.........."

It will include a check on inoculations and vaccinations received, and consider questions of allergies etc.

The main reason for it is to find: any hidden condition the person may be unaware of, and any past issue that may potentially cause problems in the future (like from a back injury or having had a fit or something).

Most people who have had the usual quota of life experience and who have no long term condition they already know about have no difficulty in 'passing'.

TBH it is a bit more important to people in the USA or places where medical treatment is not free at the point of need. Communities need to know if there is going to be a need for expensive medical treatment at a future point. Here in the UK where medical treatment is free, lots of communities want to know you are healthy but many don't ask for a medical, or make it informal by having you fill out a questionnaire as part of the application process.

Many communities, including those here in the UK, now ask for a full psychological work up.

domenica_therese

Mine was just like a routine doctor check-up.  I had to bring a form into my doctor and he filled it out and sent it on to them. I was kind of afraid it would include some slightly uncomfortable woman-specific kind of checking up, but anything along those lines was optional. I did have to have quite a bit of bloodwork done though. I'm sure that what different communities require may vary slightly, but I doubt anyone would ask you to, say, get allergy tested for every substance known to man, or something insane like that.

ToJesusMyHeart

For me it was a physical exam plus blood testing and a urinalysis. 

The best part was the look on the doctor's face when she asked why I was getting the physical done. Total.Shock. 

:hehe2:

domenica_therese

The best part was the look on the doctor's face when she asked why I was getting the physical done. Total.Shock. 

:hehe2:

I had to get a dental check-up with a form filled out as part of my application, and the dentist's office naturally wondered what it was for. When I went back recently for a routine check-up they all remembered. I must have been quite the sensation. It was the funniest thing.

Edited by domenica_therese