St Vincent de Paul -  Quote of the Day

Jul 29, 2017

“Though truth and sincerity should ever guard our words,

yet we should be careful

never to offend others.”

Today's Saint Quote

– St. Louise de Marillac

CHAT - BIPOLAR - FIRST COMMUNICANTS

It has been almost a week and almost a week since I have needed Oxazepam for stress - and a good sign.  I see my psychiatrist again on 15th. August and the third anniversary of my renewing private vows at a Home Mass.  It is, of course, the Solemnity of The Assumption.

I had a wonderful experience last night at Vigil Mass.  We had 7 girls and 1 boy receiving their First Holy Communion and the girls were all dressed in long pretty white dresses (no veils).  That immediately took me back to my First Communion.  Chatting with our pp after Mass, I shared with him that it was not only wonderful to see the girls in special dress for this very special event, it had taken me back to my own First Communion and that I am sure I was not the only one.  I did feel that the girls dressed as we once did, except we all wore veils, was wonderful for those making their First Communion to be in very special dress - but many of us would have been taken back to our own First Communion and possibly devotion renewed.  I know it sure did it for me.

Going up to Holy Communion myself, the line paused so that I was standing just behind a little girl in her place near the isle making her thanksgiving.  It was so beautiful and edifying to see this little child kneeling with her head down over joined hands seemingly lost in prayer.  I thought of my own thanksgiving and great devotion back in my own childhood at around 7 years of age.  The only thing for me back then was that after the First Communion Mass we celebrated we were having a big celebration breakfast.  My thanksgiving consisted solely of apologising to Jesus for not being able to get my mind off the coming celebration and with much anticipation and many images.  Try as I may, it just kept coming back into my mind.

I still cannot get that beautiful image of that child last night at Vigil Mass out of mind.......but then I don't really want to do so...............

..............Laudate Dominum.............Deo Gratius

Image result for holiness quotes

Father Groeschel on Mother Teresa

.................but intrinsically more so about the general essence of holiness.........

...........The Dark Night is a process and any process must have an end point - a raison d'etre..........

Edited by BarbaraTherese

I wasn't raised Catholic, but I pray that that God would give me purity of heart in an undivided love for God. The little Child Jesus is the restorer of innocence.

Image result for my heart's desire quotes

4 hours ago, chrysostom said:

I wasn't raised Catholic, but I pray that that God would give me purity of heart in an undivided love for God. The little Child Jesus is the restorer of innocence.

May The Good God fulfil your every heart's desire. Amen.

Image result for st therese of the child jesus

St Therese of The Child Jesus and of The Holy Face

Therese1896.jpg................Thérèse

SPIRITUALITY OF IMPERFECTION (part one)

Finding Strength in Weakness

By: Vilma Seelaus, O.C.D. (Carmelite Nun)

FIRST PUBLISHED IN SPIRITUAL LIFE IN WINTER 1998

Part 1 - http://showcase.netins.net/web/solitude/vilma5.html

Part 2 - http://showcase.netins.net/web/solitude/vilma5b.html

Autobiography of St Therese of Lisieux "Story of a Soul" HERE

St Alphonsus Liguori (1696 - 1787)

Memorial 1st August

http://www.universalis.com/today.htm

Saint Alphonsus Liguori was born in Marianella near Naples on September 27, 1696. He was the first born of a rather large family belonging to the Neapolitan nobility. His received a broad education in the humanities, classical and modern languages, painting and music. He composed a Duetto on the Passion, as well as the most popular Christmas carol in Italy, Tu Scendi Dalle Stelle, and numerous other hymns. He finished his university studies earning a Doctorate in both civil and canon law and began his practice in the legal profession.
  In 1723, after a long process of discernment, he abandoned his legal career and, despite his father’s strong opposition, began his seminary studies. He was ordained a priest on December 21, 1726, at the age of 30. He lived his first years as a priest with the homeless and marginalized young people of Naples. He founded the “Evening Chapels”. Run by the young people themselves, these chapels were centres of prayer, community, the Word of God, social activities and education. At the time of his death, there were 72 of these chapels with over 10,000 active participants.
  In 1729, Alphonsus left his family home and took up residence in the Chinese College in Naples. It was there that he began his missionary experience in the interior of the Kingdom of Naples where he found people who were much poorer and more abandoned than any of the street children in Naples.
  On November 9, 1732, Alphonsus founded the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, popularly known as the Redemptorists, in order to follow the example of Jesus Christ announcing the Good News to the poor and the most abandoned. From that time on, he gave himself entirely to this new mission.
  Alphonsus was a lover of beauty: musician, painter, poet and author. He put all his artistic and literary creativity at the service of the mission and he ..............read MORE on above link.

Image result for isaiah

Reading from Morning Prayer - Thursday, 3rd August 2017

"Thus says the Lord:
With heaven my throne
and earth my footstool,
what house could you build me,
what place could you make for my rest?
All of this was made by my hand
and all this is mine – it is the Lord who speaks.
But my eyes are drawn to the man
of humbled and contrite spirit,
who trembles at my word." (Isaiah 66 1-2)

Image result for st catherine of siena

St Catherine of Siena

If you are what you should be,

you will set the whole world on fire.

Let The Truth be your delight and proclaim it, but with a certain congeniality.

I'm in much pain in my hip and left leg and can hardly move until early afternoon around 1pm, after I have had two lots of painkillers.  The painkillers I am taking (Panadol Osteo, Tramadol and iBrufen) make me tired and lacking in energy.  I still have motivation, but not the physical wherewithal to get up and get going, although after 1pm I am able to get dressed and do something at least.  Tomorrow, I am making an appointment for an ECG and blood test as my GP attempts to find out why I fell in the first place.  I also need an appointment with my GP and she has given me a referral to make an appointment with a physio therapist.  I am a bit wary of the latter but will ask my questions when I see him or her. I will take along too my X-rays.

The mornings are my worst time, while the hip replacement should put me back to normal; meanwhile, Deo Gratius.  No idea when the hip replacement surgery will take place with elective surgery suspended due to the changeover from the old RAH site to the new one.

Embracing the cross lovingly because it is the reality permitted by Divine Providence and to reflect on those who suffer far more than I do and many far more than I ever will.

I thank God with all my heart that I am not depressed, flat spirits now and then -  but not depression.

Laudate Dominum. 

"Do not look back to the past,

nor forward to the future. Claim only the present, for it holds God's Will"

(Rose Philippine Duchesne)

Image result for mercy quotes from bible

Increase the multitude of your mercies in us all, O Savior, and as you satisfied the multitude in the desert by your wisdom and nourished them by your power, so satisfy us all with your righteousness by strengthening us in our faith, O Lord. Feed us all, O Compassionate One, grant us your grace and forgiveness for our sins... for you alone are the Messiah, the only merciful One, O Heavenly Bread of everlasting life. (St Romanos Melodios)

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy,

the most probable explanation is

that I was made for another world."
- C. S. Lewis

(Shalom Place, Dominican Sisters of Peace)

CATECHISM IN A YEAR

SUBSCRIBE http://flocknote.com/catechism

360. Why are the beatitudes important for us?

The beatitudes are at the heart of Jesus' preaching and they take up and fulfill the promises that God made starting with Abraham. They depict the very countenance of Jesus and they characterize authentic Christian life. They reveal the ultimate goal of human activity, which is eternal happiness.

Further reading: CCC 1716-1717, 1725-1726

361. What is the relationship between the beatitudes and our desire for happiness?

The beatitudes respond to the innate desire for happiness that God has placed in the human heart in order to draw us to himself. God alone can satisfy this desire.

Further reading: CCC 1718-1719