An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Day In The Monastery

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Chocolate chip...3 kinds! Dark chocolate, semi-sweet and peanut butter! Thanks to our moms for providing the chips at Christmas time!

Oh Sister, this is wonderful! Can I come and live with you?!!!!

Yes, I too recall those questions, just what do we (did I) do all day in the convent?

Well, let's start with 6 hours in choir chanting and move on from there........

Lovely piccys and a great insight. Thanks.

What I like about this lovely article is that it really humanizes cloistered nuns - they are shown doing normal household chores, laughing, clearly enjoying each other's company. That is the case with all the youtube videos Summit posts and its blog. The Passionists in Whitesville KY also have a similar nice, chatty blog so you get to know the sisters. When I first started discerning, I looked at a few cloistered orders but found them so remote - of course, I quickly learned I did not have a contemplative vocation. I would think that anyone discerning a contemplative vocation would be attracted to Summit because it seems like such a joyful place with sisters who really like each other. (Sr. Mary Catherine did NOT pay me to say this!!)

I agree with emma, the peace and joy, the simple humanity of these sisters is so obvious, of course we all want to join er......well ahum, that is, pray for vocations.

Anyways, I can't join, I am old and gray and past my sell by date, but I can unite my prayer with yours.