An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sheep In Wolves Clothing

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Reyb, I do not think God would ever deny revealing His Son the Christ to us. What happens is many refuse to accept the fullness of all his Son gave to us in His Word and His church.

ed

Our issue is not - denying or accepting Jesus Christ. My issue (in my previous post) is about seeking Christ from God himself. My point is this: Who among you have seen Jesus in the same way Apostle Paul and all God’s witnesses saw Him? Of course, I know that none of you (from Ignatius to Pope Francis) have seen Jesus that way (otherwise they must have known that this historical Jesus is a lie).  And this is the kind of ‘seeing’ (I said in my previous post) God will never deny anyone who honestly seeks Him.

On the hand, your kind of seeing is ‘seeing thru faith in accordance with your Church doctrines, teachings and traditions’. To make it short, a man who fully accepts your Church’s teaching about Jesus and everything about him, is the same as seeing- in the same manner you see- Jesus Christ himself. This is the reason why I said you teachers are false teachers who brings his or her own version of Jesus Christ - since it is impossible for them to present to you the real One - because (I will repeat it again), God alone can reveal his Christ.

I know you hardly hear or believe me that there is another Jesus different from historical Jesus but I am not lying to you. No one, even true witnesses, can reveal the real Jesus Christ. Of course, true witnesses can testify about him and what he did to them but definitely, God alone can do it because ‘Christ is the mystery God and therefore, only God can reveal his mystery’.  Thus, all witnesses are saying ‘seek Him’ rather than presenting that ‘this is my Lord accept Him’.

Edited by reyb

My two cents with fear and trepidation in the Debate Forum always!

Faith is not an intellectual choice, it is the free Gift of God to whomsoever He may choose.  I don't think that we can sit in judgement on others who may assent to The Bible and Jesus as their saviour but do not assent to all that The Church teaches i.e. have not received the Gift of Faith in all it's fullness as we understand it.  I don't think that we are special at all - rather a very weighty responsibility and accountability has been granted us - and with all the Graces necessary to respond fully providing we do choose to respond fully and in failure, repent fully and with a firm desire to correct things in the future and to use all available means to do so.

"But many of the Church’s laws and regulations do not deal directly with doctrine, but more with disciplinary matters. This involves not so much the virtue of faith, but that of obedience. But as we have pointed out these two virtues are so dependent on each other that when one is weak, so is the other. In seeking help in regard to this fundamental gift of faith, we would do well to turn to the Mother of Jesus and our Mother, the perfect model of humble faith. “Blessed is she who has believed.” (Lk.1:45) Ask her to obtain for you a humble openness of mind and heart to the action of the Holy Spirit revealing God’s message through the authoritative teachings of the Church." http://www.rosary-center.org/ll50n2.htm

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05752c.htm

(Barbara, I am speaking to the Roman Catholic Church as whole and not to you in particular)

It is just an alibi - that your kind of faith is a gift from God – especially when they see people who do not accept their teachings since, they failed to explain them.

Okay. Let us test your faith if it is truly from God.

Who among God’s true witnesses are Trinitarian or Marian Devotee? On the other hand, who among them (promoter of these teachings) have seen Jesus Christ in the same way these witnesses saw Him? Therefore, who told you to put your faith on these teachings? Is it from God or you.

If it is true that your faith is from God then, these witnesses must have been Trinitarian and Marian Devotee too (otherwise, their faith is not like yours). Thus, I said....

It is just an alibi to hide the truth.

Edited by reyb

(Barbara, I am speaking to the Roman Catholic Church as whole and not to you in particular)

It is just an alibi - that your kind of faith is a gift from God – especially when they see people who do not accept their teachings since, they failed to explain them.

Okay. Let us test your faith if it is truly from God.

Who among God’s true witnesses are Trinitarian or Marian Devotee? On the other hand, who among them (promoter of these teachings) have seen Jesus Christ in the same way these witnesses saw Him? Therefore, who told you to put your faith on these teachings? Is it from God or you.

If it is true that your faith is from God then, these witnesses must have been Trinitarian and Marian Devotee too (otherwise, their faith is not like yours). Thus, I said....

It is just an alibi to hide the truth.

..... :)

guys the title and subject of the thread is 'sheep in wolves clothing' not the biblical 'wolf in sheeps clothing.' :) It is a phrase i have heard a few times in christian rap so i thought it may be some kind of popular or semi popular kind of spirituality or something or just some catch phrase, i don't know. If i'm correct about the termanology i guess St paul was a bit of a sheep in wolves clothing chilling with the pagans and bringing them to Christ while the others where staying amongst the flock and jews, which i'm not saying was bad and saint paul i gather was always going back to or through letters getting advice and stuff from those staying amongst the flock and other jews. I play it as like a thief in the night but not actually a thief in the night, something like that, rough around the edges but not rough. :) I'm just interested as to if anyone else has heard this phrase coined and as to what other people think it may or may not be getting at.

Onward christian souls.

Jesus is LORD.

We are aware of your title, “Sheep in Wolves Clothing”. Nonetheless, I (too) was referring to the issue of ‘Wolves in sheep clothing’ (in Matthew 7:15) because, there is no such thing as ‘Sheep in Wolves Clothing’ in the scripture.

Wolves in sheep clothing and masquerading as apostles of Christ (2 Cor 11:13) are the same. They are people who honour themselves by proclaiming to the world that they are pastors of Jesus Christ but they are not.

What is ‘sheep in wolves clothing’ then? Do you think it is good to call Apostle Paul, ‘masquerading as an apostle of Satan’? Even to call him a sheep- dog for whatever reason, is wrong because there is a proverb, that  ‘a dog return to its vomit’ (2 Peter 2:17-22). Thus, dogs are outside the gate and have no right to the tree of life. (Revelation 22:14-15 and obviously, the writer is not referring to 'Cannis familiaris' on these verses).

In Matthew 10:16 and Luke 10:3, Jesus’ disciples are likened to sheep and lambs .So, let us leave it that way since we should not wear a mask in doing our obligation.

Nevertheless, you are still free to call yourself ‘Sheep in Wolves Clothing’ if you wanted it that way. How about me? Just call me 'reyb' and it is enough for me.

Edited by reyb

• 5 years later...

There is a shift happening. As soon as the "sheep" (Empaths) realize that they must turn ice cold to the "wolves in sheeps clothing" (the Narcisissts). When they wake up...and realize they must have no empathy or feelings for the soulless...("let the dead bury the dead"), then they will mimic the Wolf to the wolf...("sheep in wolfs clothing")...then the "meek shall inherit the world. We who are awake are changing the food chain. We are sheep with wolves teeth...hear us growl!!!

Song by Lay called "sheep"

"All the sheep are coming up" !!!

This is the anthem in my temple. Of Christ consciousness!!!

11:11 wake up call!!! Follow the white rabbit. 

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

There is a shift happening. As soon as the "sheep" (Empaths) realize that they must turn ice cold to the "wolves in sheeps clothing" (the Narcisissts). When they wake up...and realize they must have no empathy or feelings for the soulless...("let the dead bury the dead"), then they will mimic the Wolf to the wolf...("sheep in wolfs clothing")...then the "meek shall inherit the world. We who are awake are changing the food chain. We are sheep with wolves teeth...hear us growl!!!

Song by Lay called "sheep"

"All the sheep are coming up" !!!

This is the anthem in my temple. Of Christ consciousness!!!

11:11 wake up call!!! Follow the white rabbit. 

no idea? final answer for $200

• 2 months later...

I take the reversal of the roles of the sheep in wolves clothing from wolf in sheep's clothing to be, that as a sheep the flock and i have come up against false teachers (wolves) and we defeated them and slaughtered them (spiritualy) in front of their would be prey and wear their pelts as a warning for all future wolves in sheeps clothing . My personal view is the scripture was a warning about what would happen to the Christian message once the message was changed by the Romans. So which christian message do you choose to teach, the first century one or the European version?