Ancilla Domini Posted February 15, 2014 Posted February 15, 2014 I love vintage style wedding dresses. I love dresses that flow and have good coverage without being dowdy. I look best in A-line or empire dresses. I LOVE lace and tulle, too. These are some beautiful dresses that I'd consider (I especially love the first one because it reminds me of pictures of my mom's wedding dress): http://dyal.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/v-neck-vintage-wedding-dress1.jpg http://www.zonewedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/the-vintage-wedding-dress-company.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aomuIs9E5Y4/UJDvqREZG3I/AAAAAAAAAsc/ouC1FkWwSiY/s1600/Vintage-wedding-dresses.jpg https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsuXGSXqsce_tCT7eIHsHFcRJgpfKJu1XNN_TgKcAPIPSm2Cae I absolutely love the first one, Mater!! It's gorgeous! Bookmarks the link...
Spem in alium Posted February 17, 2014 Posted February 17, 2014 (edited) My ultimate dream would be to have my future husband make the ring himself. Or to have a claddagh. But if neither of these happened, I suppose I could settle for these beauties (I have something similar to the last one, but with one band instead of two). And all are under $200! Edited February 17, 2014 by Spem in alium
ImageTrinity Posted February 17, 2014 Posted February 17, 2014 My husband designed my engagement ring...braided white, rose, and gold gold for the Trinity and stones the colors of the the robes in the icon in my profile picture. It is GORGEOUS and a perfect reminder that we are to image the Trinitarian love of God through our vocation. The Catholic Italian jeweler who made the ring was SO excited about the design, he made if for us for a couple hundred dollars. lol.
PhuturePriest Posted February 17, 2014 Posted February 17, 2014 My ultimate dream would be to have my future husband make the ring himself. Or to have a claddagh. But if neither of these happened, I suppose I could settle for these beauties (I have something similar to the last one, but with one band instead of two). And all are under $200! I was never a fan of white stones. I like color, and white seems too mundane to me.
OnlySunshine Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 I know it sounds trendy which is not usually my style, but I've always LOVED Bella's engagement ring from the Twilight series. So much in fact that I keep trying to find an exact replica in sterling silver. I found a silver plated one at JcPenney but it was POOR quality and started to tarnish severely before I had it a month. I ended up returning it. It was more oblong, however, than the actual ring. My mom bought me a right-hand ring from TJ Maxx for Christmas that is micro pave and a halo setting. It's GORGEOUS! No one knows that it's cubic zirconia and sterling silver as it looks so real. In fact, one of my friends, not realizing it was on my right hand ring finger instead of my left, gasped in shock and thought I was engaged on Christmas day! LOL! This is the exact ring: http://www.crislu.com/shop/crislu-mico-pave-cubic-zirconia-princess-cut-square-solitaire-ring.html#tab9
CrossCuT Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 Amidst all the pretty rings and happy thoughts, Im here to rain on the parade. :evil: http://youtu.be/N5kWu1ifBGU Dont get me wrong, if my bf proposes without a ring, Ill say no. ROFL I just found the video very humorous! Even while I realize the reality of the situation I STILL WANT THE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spem in alium Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 I was never a fan of white stones. I like color, and white seems too mundane to me. I like colour also - that's why the blue stone is my favourite, though I probably would have it without the double band and all the sparkles. But I am partial to a pearl. Someone I know is actually going to have this wedding dress!!
PhuturePriest Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 I like colour also - that's why the blue stone is my favourite, though I probably would have it without the double band and all the sparkles. But I am partial to a pearl. Someone I know is actually going to have this wedding dress!! I'm actually partial to white wedding dresses, but wow! If the girl I was marrying was wearing that, I wouldn't care that it wasn't white.
Spem in alium Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 I'm actually partial to white wedding dresses, but wow! If the girl I was marrying was wearing that, I wouldn't care that it wasn't white. I know! It's just amazing and makes me think of LOTR! She's a big Renaissance and fantasy fan and I think she designed it herself.
mysisterisalittlesister Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 I like colour also - that's why the blue stone is my favourite, though I probably would have it without the double band and all the sparkles. But I am partial to a pearl. Someone I know is actually going to have this wedding dress!! Holy cow, those are some intense Galadriel sleeves :twitch:
zabbazooey Posted February 20, 2014 Posted February 20, 2014 hospital staff stole my grandmother's wedding ring. I specifically handed it to a tech to lock it up and saw it put away. I filed a police report. I am so sad. As if there isn't enough crud happening. Sorry Grams, the nurses just hated me I guess. :(
CrossCuT Posted February 20, 2014 Posted February 20, 2014 hospital staff stole my grandmother's wedding ring. I specifically handed it to a tech to lock it up and saw it put away. I filed a police report. I am so sad. As if there isn't enough crud happening. Sorry Grams, the nurses just hated me I guess. :( Thats horrible!! :(
Ancilla Domini Posted August 25, 2014 Posted August 25, 2014 Ok, resurrecting this thread so I can post what is henceforth definitely my dream wedding ring.
PhuturePriest Posted August 25, 2014 Posted August 25, 2014 Ok, resurrecting this thread so I can post what is henceforth definitely my dream wedding ring. Smaller rings are the best. Big and even medium sized rings are just way too large.
PhuturePriest Posted August 25, 2014 Posted August 25, 2014 Am I the only one who loves moissanite? It's even better than diamonds, and it's cheaper because it hasn't been monopolized by companies.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now