An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Entrenched Is Homosexuality In The Seminaries?

Eliakim

Fidei Defensor

It's just an attempt to make the phorum a little bit more fabulous. We should start by taking away the red and black background and replacing it with some colors that pop. I vote sun yellow and hot pink.

I'm gay and even I think that'd be too gay.

It's just an attempt to make the phorum a little bit more fabulous. We should start by taking away the red and black background and replacing it with some colors that pop. I vote sun yellow and hot pink.

Do I even want to know what the font color would have to be for that? My eyes vote "No", but my curious mind says " Maybe?".

PhuturePriest

Do I even want to know what the font color would have to be for that? My eyes vote "No", but my curious mind says " Maybe?".

The font would be the rainbow. Duh.

The font would be the rainbow. Duh.

Gays should stick to buying up low-income housing areas and rebuilding them into ridiculously expensive gayborhoods. At least that helps someone.

Is it possible to get kicked out of the seminary for being too tacky?

You mean for wearing the collar after Labor Day?

PhuturePriest

Is it possible to get kicked out of the seminary for being too tacky?

The seminary I'll likely go to has a dress code: slacks and khakis only, and you absolutely must wear button-downs or solid-colored sweaters.

PhuturePriest

Do most seminarys have dress codes?

Minor seminaries do. Major seminaries have a much easier dress code: everyone wears cassocks.

Minor seminaries do. Major seminaries have a much easier dress code: everyone wears cassocks.

Ah!

PhuturePriest

Ah!

This is completely off-topic, but I am amazed at how all of the seminarians I know choose cassocks over clerics. There's a movement of young men pursuing the priesthood who recognize the superiority of cassocks over clerics, and it brings a tear to my eye to see this finally happening.

Not The Philosopher

This is completely off-topic, but I am amazed at how all of the seminarians I know choose cassocks over clerics. There's a movement of young men pursuing the priesthood who recognize the superiority of cassocks over clerics, and it brings a tear to my eye to see this finally happening.

That is unfortunately not the case where I study. There was a time a few months ago where I was roped in by a friend at the last minute to serve as Thurifer at a Solemn Latin Mass he had organized at the nearby Newman center. So I suddenly found myself needing to track down a cassock and surplice. None of my seminarian classmates had a cassock to lend me. Wound up getting a loaner from a parish across town.

Edited by Not The Philosopher

PhuturePriest

That is unfortunately not the case where I study. There was a time a few months ago where I was roped in by a friend at the last minute to serve as Thurifer at a Solemn Latin Mass he had organized at the nearby Newman center. So I suddenly found myself needing to track down a cassock and surplice. None of my seminarian classmates had a cassock to lend me. Wound up getting a loaner from a parish across town.

Where do you live?