An Old School Catholic Message Board

Servant Of God Gerard Raymond

Teresita

Happy Feast of Blessed Maria Adeodata, the holy Benedictine Abbess!

A priest friend is taking a youth group to the various shrines/holy places in and around Quebec next month. He also wishes to incorporate into the itinerary the shrines of founders/foundresses and as many holy people who lived and are buried in that area. While doing some research for him, I came across the Servant of God, Gerard Raymond, who died in 1932 at the age of 20 and had been attending the Petit Seminaire of Quebec. My priest friend would like to take his youth group to visit his shrine/tomb, but I have been unable to obtain an address for this. If any of you are familiar with this holy young man's shrine or know where it is located or who to contact to obtain this information, please let me know. I would be most grateful. Also, if you have any suggestions for shrines they could visit on their trip, that would be most welcome. They already plan to visit Notre Dame du Cap, Ste. Anne de Beaupre, St. Joseph's at Mount Royal with St. Andre, etc. One of the purposes of this trip, besides fostering their faith, is to assist them in their discernment of a possible vocation.

Thanks in advance and God bless you!

While I do not know anything about Servant of God Gerard Raymond, please do not forget other saints in Montreal, including some women religious!  

St. Marguerite D'Youville, founder of the Grey Nuns of Montreal: http://www.sgm.qc.ca/en/main-nav/saint-marguerite-dyouville/her-history/

St. Marguerite Bourgeois, founder of the Congregation de Notre Dame: http://cnd-m.org/en/st.marguerite/introducing.php

Blessed Marie-Rose Durocher, founder of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary: http://www.snjm.org/EnglishContent/mmreng.htm

Blessed Marie of the Incarnation (Pioneer Ursuline in Quebec): http://www.ursulines-uc.com/eng/marie.php

There are others, but these are four wonderful women.  I have been to the shrines for all four!

Thanks so much, Nunsuch!  I think he did mention that he was hoping to visit the shrines of St. Marguerite Bourgeouis and Blessed Marie of the Incarnation, but I will forward this to him in any case. He has planned this trip for the spiritual benefit of the youth involved, and, as I mentioned, to assist them in considering a vocation, as some have expressed interest in this. Please pray that it is a safe and spiritually successful pilgrimage. 

I am still trying to find the location of the shrine/tomb of Gerard Raymond. Perhaps someone has a suggestion to whom I should address my request or is from Canada and is familiar with this holy Servant of God. Any suggestions/assistance are most appreciated. I know this priest, since learning of this holy young man, is anxious to have his young charges pray at the tomb of Gerard and ask for his help, especially as Gerard himself was such a fine example of virtue and was studying to be a priest.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions about shrines/holy places they may visit while on this trip to the Quebec area, please let me know.

Thanks again, Nunsuch! God bless you for your kindness!

The I'le de Orleans is a short bus ride away from Quebec City.  It has six beautiful, historical churches (four of which date back to the French Regime of the 1700's -- Saint-Famille, Sainte-Pierre, Sainte-Jean and Sainte-Pierre).  Built in the 1800's, Saint-Laurent and Sainte-Petronille are equally beautiful!  While they are there...make sure to stop by the roadside eateries for freshly-baked bread and

bowls of newly-picked fruit with homemade cream!

If any of you are familiar with this holy young man's shrine or know where it is located or who to contact to obtain this information, please let me know. I would be most grateful.

I would suggest contacting the diocese. if he was a student at the petit seminaire, he may have been buried there when he died, or they may know where he is. You could also contact the postulator for his Cause for Canonisation, but I have been unable to find who this is - the diocese may know.