Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

TheresaThoma
Posted

I figured instead of taking over ArFink's thread we should start one just for the HabitRPG. 

 

In the most recent news I now have a sword, a hat, and a PET! Yes I have a nice little red wolf. I'm very happy!

ChristinaTherese
Posted

So, what are these diamonds I keep seeing as costs for some things?

Posted

I haz pets too!  I'm displayed with my 'flying pig' but I haz others, too!   (No one wants to sleep with a flying pig!)

 

Regarding the diamonds.... on the toolbar there is a ? and a section for help.  There are some tutorial videos... if you watch them your questions will more-or-less get answered.  Apparently they are the cost of various items in the inventory.  I'm not sure I understand myself.

 

My question is, can one belong to more than one 'party'?   (I'd love to use this with some of my secular order members, for example, as a way of establishing good 'habits'....)  Does anyone know?

maximillion
Posted

I am still trying to figure it all out, but I have a hat and a sword now........

I do okay with habits and dailies but my to do is woeful..... :cry:

Posted

Max, we can help you ... but if you want to get into the 'party' with us, you need to send ARFink a PM so he can send you an invite to it.   I'm sure you're welcome, but I know it is starting to get 'full' in there, so do it soon?

 

Here's how I think of what to put on the habits, the dailies and the to do's for what it is worth.

 

Habits are the things I want to encourage and/or discourage in my life.  They're pretty easy to figure out, and even to figure out which ones I want to give more or less weight to.  You just kinda know what you need to do here.

 

Same with the dailies.   They are like the skeleton on my body... they hold me up.  I know I need a head (with eyes, ears, a mouth & a nose... and some pretty hair), 2 arms with hands, 2 legs with feet.  (Some people may find they want more or less!)  For that one I use a combo of FlyLady routines (morning, evening and night) and my Secular Order Prayer schedule (the elements I need to chunk off each day) and the few weekly commitments I have.  That is the skeleton of my dailies.

 

The To Dos are the things I need or want to do (and/or need to delegate to someone else! and keep track of) that are the way I get the first Habits and the Dailies accomplished.   So.... they are the things like read Book A (because I need to get it read and I keep procrastinating) or clean this, or write to this person, or call this person or pay my bills or whatever needs to be done.   If I am spending time on it (or resisting spending time on it!), it is a to do (even if only for a short while....) and if I keep putting off 'doing' it... then it will stay on that list until I get tired of seeing it there and watching it turn first orange and then red!  :blush:

 

Max, the other thing I keep reminding myself of is a comment that Fr. Walter Ciszek, the Jesuit who was in Russia for a number of years as a hidden priest/worker, made about a lesson he learned when he first arrived.  He was living as a 'worker' in a workers' camp with another Jesuit; they had the hope of being able to minister as priests.  When they first arrived, they were assigned to work on an automobile repair team.   At first they were horrified at how low their rations were in comparison to everyone else's.   Then they learned the secret.  They had been putting down 'changed a tire' and got 1 credit for that job.  The other workers were putting down:  Removed bolt, removed tire, tested innertube for leaks. Located and repaired leak.  Replaced Tire, Replaced bolt.   And in doing that they got credit for SIX things, not just one!   This may give you some ideas!   :evil:

Posted

I haz pets too!  I'm displayed with my 'flying pig' but I haz others, too!   (No one wants to sleep with a flying pig!)

 

Regarding the diamonds.... on the toolbar there is a ? and a section for help.  There are some tutorial videos... if you watch them your questions will more-or-less get answered.  Apparently they are the cost of various items in the inventory.  I'm not sure I understand myself.

 

My question is, can one belong to more than one 'party'?   (I'd love to use this with some of my secular order members, for example, as a way of establishing good 'habits'....)  Does anyone know?

 

The gems are an alternate currency which is based on actual US dollars. Each gem is worth $0.25 I believe. If you don't want to wait to be randomly given loot like eggs or potions, you could buy it instead. It's one of the ways the developers make some money back on this project. Gems can also be purchased by party or guild leaders to distribute as prizes for special challenges. I might do that at some point. :)

 

And I do not believe you can belong to more than one party. Sadly. :/

Posted (edited)

Well.... thank you for clarifying that about the gems.  I gather we get 'drops' of eggs, potions (to wake up eggs) and various kinds of food.  The only thing is, I found my pig was pretty darn picky.... offered him FIVE kinds of food and he didn't like NONE of 'em.   I am not sure I am feeding him any more!   Can't afford THAT picky an eater!

 

Is there a secret for knowing what kind of food they like?

 

And I am sorry to hear I can only be in one party, but I am GLAD to be in yours, ARFINK!  :)

Edited by AnneLine
Posted

You are right, ARFINK.... this is what I found on 

http://blog.habitrpg.com/post/51476277225/upcoming-features-bugs-update-user-survey

from just before they set up the Parties and Guilds:

Guilds will act almost identically to parties, but less visual (no avatars header, but you can click to see profile modals) and you can belong to multiple guilds (you can only belong to one party). They can have many more members than a party, they have their own chatrooms and player list, and we imagine people will create topical guilds like “JavaScript Coders” (Think subreddits).

Where guilds really shine is with the release of Challenges. Challenges allow you to create Habits, Dailies, Todos, and Rewards that many people subscribe to. They will be centrally tracked (so you can see the overall progress of everyone subscribed to the challenge), and eventually we’ll add a “Prize” feature where you can give some of your Gems to the challenge champion.

Posted (edited)

And a very rough hint looks like this!

 

CARNIVORES LIKE MEAT/DAIRY
wolf, bear, tiger, lion. fox

HERBIVORES LIKE VEGGIES/FRUIT
panda

FANTASY CREATURES LIKE SWEETS
flying pig, dragon, cactus

 

Now I just need to wait for some food to drop to feed the beasties!

Edited by AnneLine
TheresaThoma
Posted

I now have three wolves. I fed my first one some rotten meat. It said that it ate it but didn't enjoy it. I wouldn't either!

maximillion
Posted

Me wants a wolf.

 

How I getz pet?

TheresaThoma
Posted

You have to get to level 4 and then you will get random "drops" when you complete tasks.

maximillion
Posted

I got a drop of a pet, then later, a drop of some food but I don't know where or how to find them...?

Posted

I got a drop of a pet, then later, a drop of some food but I don't know where or how to find them...?

At the top of the screen, there is an "Inventory" icon (looks like a wrapped present). Click on "Inventory," select "Pets," and then scroll down the page until you find the image of your pet. If it hasn't "Hatched" yet, click on your "Hatching potion" (if you've been given one yet); the image of the pet egg will glow. Click on egg and it will ask if you want to use the hatching potion. Same with other food and gifts, click on the object you want to use, then click on the pet.

maximillion
Posted (edited)

Thankyou so much. I haz me a wolfie!

 

 

I am not at all IT fluent!!!

Edited by maximillion
Posted

Congratulations on your baby Wolfie!   I have a bunch of pets, but didn't feed them properly and I haz no food for them. :(

 

Learn from my sad tale.... if you look at the Inventory and Pets, you will see they are listed in rows and column.  Each row is a different kind of pet (fox, wolf, dragon, etc.) Each column is a kind of species:.  Some are 'base' some are 'zombie', etc.   you can see which is which by hovering your mouse over the columns and rows.

 

Each kind of species likes a different kind of food.  This will give you all the details (toward the bottom):

 

http://habitrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Food

 

but this is the bottom line:

 

Food Preference

Base.........................................Meat    

White.........................................Milk      

Desert.......................................Potato 

Red...........................................Strawberry        

Shade.......................................Chocolate           

Skeleton....................................Fish       

Zombie......................................Rotten Meat     

Cotton Candy Pink....................Pink Cotton Candy          

Cotton Candy Blue....................Blue Cotton Candy         

Golden.......................................Honey

Posted

Keep in mind, feeding your pets is not necessary to their survival. You only need to feed them in order to grow them into a steed for riding on.

maximillion
Posted

Does the steed come and help with the chores?

Posted

Can I trade food my pet doesn't want for non-food (rotten meat) that it likes?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...