An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Obamacare Thread

God the Father

How do these posts not call into question your loyalty to Church teaching if you not supporting it hinges on whether or not contraception is proven to kill babies?

I honestly dont know rofl!

You literally just quoted me asked KoC to clarify a question.

And in regards to contraception, I stated that I am against it even while I do enjoy discussing the reasons for its discouragement. Is that a sin? To discuss it?

And defending and belong to such groups?

Defending no, but belonging?

I know some very good Catholics who are democrats but do not vote that way because they are morally objected to the abortion opinion. I am in somewhat the same boat. I like a lot of the things the Democratic party does but I dont identify as one nor can I vote for them because of abortion.

Is that what you want to know?

Lilllabettt

And in regards to contraception, I stated that I am against it even while I do enjoy discussing the reasons for its discouragement. Is that a sin? To discuss it?

when you're not honest, you look silly. everyone here can read.

But aside from all that ---  it also seems like you don't really know why contraception is discouraged in the first place. Which is kind of a basic precondition for poking holes in the rationale.

I am being very honest.

You have been very wrong about me in the past Lilllabettt and you are here too. If you are concerned about my soul, light a candle for me and say a prayer. That would be very kind of you! :)

PhuturePriest

I know some very good Catholics who are democrats but do not vote that way because they are morally objected to the abortion opinion. I am in somewhat the same boat. I like a lot of the things the Democratic party does but I dont identify as one nor can I vote for them because of abortion.

Do you expect me to edit out the one little line of you asking KnightofChrist a question so the post is less confusing for you? I quoted you showing clear signs that not only do you not have any clue what Church teaching is on contraception, but you aren't with the Church at all in that contraception is inherently sinful, which is something you denied doing. I had proof and showed it to you. Stop evading.

Do you expect me to edit out the one little line of you asking KnightofChrist a question so the post is less confusing for you? I quoted you showing clear signs that not only do you not have any clue what Church teaching is on contraception, but you aren't with the Church at all in that contraception is inherently sinful, which is something you denied doing. I had proof and showed it to you. Stop evading.

?????????????????

He was asking me about abortion and party lines.

PhuturePriest

?????????????????

He was asking me about abortion and party lines.

You're a college student. You are capable of intellectual thought. You cannot seriously be this thick. However, for your convenience, I did it post-by-post and even edited out the one confusing line directed at KnightofChrist that you seem incapable of ignoring.

I agree.

But question: do you support contraception? I'm just curious. You sometimes give that vibe in some of your posts, but I wanted to make sure.

Hmm, that is a good question. I havent formulated how I feel about it. I have mixed thoughts and it is entirely hinged on whether or not it passively kills the baby by disrupting implantation. Ibe read conflicting things on that. But I believe in error on the side of caution so no, I dont support it. My opion may change depending on what now studies find but right now I do not.

You do realize that contraception is a non-negotiable with the Church?

Their stance is based on the fact it passivly kills babies. What if it was shown to not do that?

Edited by FuturePriest387

Lilllabettt

I am being very honest.

You're being real slick and slippery. Nobody is buying what you're selling.

And I hope that average joe Catholic doesn't accidentally come across your posts and go away thinking your ideas about the changeability of Church teaching are legitimate .

Giving people who want to be good Catholics that kind of false "hope" can wreak havoc in their spiritual lives. 

Think whatever you guys want. I hope and pray that God will give you the grace to treat people with respect. Im doing my best to answer all the questions but no one has answered my questions.

I think the topic about economic policies and abortions is a very important one but it seems you guys have no idea how to address it with me. Instead youre latching onto some personal vendettas and whatever. Its fine, you can judge me however you please. I know where I am with God and thats all that really matters to me. 

If youre really concerned, send me a PM and we can talk about my faith or you can send me a priest or something.

Lilllabettt

what about all the people reading what you write on the internetz? what about them? they don't matter? 

when you are representing a religious tradition honesty matters.

The shamelessness in how you are so often wrong yet completely incredulous is really quite remarkable. 

This ^^^ again.

havok579257

basically what he is asking is how is it ok to belong to a group that advocates murder of a person/group of people?  Could a person say they are joining the nazi party as long as they say they disagree with some of their policies?  how does it make sense to support an organization that murders innocent babies just because you can claim to support some of their other ideas?  to KOC its no different than someone supporting the nazi party, the KKK and such but claiming its ok since they don't support their stance on murder.

once again, if your not a republican you must listen to whatever the media says.

there was no chance of cruz's fillibuster working.  absolutley none.  obama had all the leverage.  there was no chance he was going to cave and get rid of obamacare.  he didn't need to.  he held all the leverage.  why do conservatives not see this.  it also cost a ton of money when the government was shut down.  cruz was the spineless one.  instead of trying to work together(obamacare will not suddenly be overturned right now with the demographics in all 3 phases of government) he just gets the government shut down, costs tax payers money but its all ok because cruz gets free airtime.  i mean who cares how much free air time costs the american people.  cruz is an idiot plain and simple.  he claims he is a true conservative but at the end of the day the guy is out for himself and himself only.  he doesn't care about the american people.  he doesn't care that democrats could steal seats in the next election and costs republicans seat thus giving liberals even more power.  he doesn't care about anything but himself and his public image and his eventual run for presidency(which will be hilarious to see if conservatives are dumb enough to elect this guy who could never win the presidency.  he stands no chance.)

The Republican leadership could have stood firm with Cruz and made a strong unified front against the policies most of them had promised voters they would fight, rather than rolling over just because they don't currently have the votes.

The liberal Democrats don't wait until they have the majority to make a firm stand against opposition, and keep pushing until they win.

Many of the more "moderate" Republicans are now giving no indication they will actually work to repeal Obamacare (which is unpopular with most of the American people) if they do gain a majority, but are instead talking about "fixing" it.  They like big government as much as the Dems.

So you don't like Ted Cruz, I get it.  Cynicism about politicians I can definitely empathize with.

But what makes absolutely no sense is how most of the folks railing and ranting against Cruz and other Tea Party conservatives for their allegedly self-centered and power-hungry motives, evidently prefer to put their faith and trust in those politicians who constantly work to increase the size and power of government at every turn.

But, yeah, I know - it's all for our own good, of course.

But not to worry, your beloved big-spending, big gov politicians are still in power (in both parties), so you can chill out.

its hard to lighten up when people like cruz do all the liberals work for them and help give liberals more power in america and thus help[ push the liberal agenda in america.

Yeah, "moderate" squishes like Boehner and McCain are really working wonders holding back Obama's liberal agenda.

Democrats don't support abortion, they support choice.

They specifically support the choice to murder unborn children.

Should we also be "pro-choice" regarding the choice to rape?  Racial hatred?  Any other murders?

And Boehner and his fellow tea party members certainly were in the wrong, I must ask, why is this group of people are working so hard to prevent people from getting healthcare? 

Actually, many more people have lost their healthcare plans or have been forced to pay higher premiums because of Obamacare, but you don't strike me as being particularly interested in facts.

And Boehner is not a member of the Tea Party, and the truth is that most Tea-Partiers are strongly against him, and have even signed a petition for him to resign.  Boehner has essentially handed Obama and the Dems everything they wanted with barely a fight.

If you want to bash these people, you should at least bother to get your basic facts straight.

It's actually pretty easy to get a religious exemption from the HHS mandate, many have done so already. However if you turn to a republican backed news station for your information, you will (naturally) hear a different story.

Actually, you can only get a religious exemption if you are actually a church.  Catholic colleges and other employers can't easily get exemptions.

unfortunately, no.

If you look at the lengthy post I made earlier, you can actually see that the Democratic party (strange as it might sound, however, it is irrefutably true) actually has policies that do more to reduce the number of abortions than the Republican party does. What this means is that the GOP doesn't help anyone at all, not even the unborn, as well as the Democratic party does.

I'm sure others have provided details to counter your unfounded assertions, but the vast increase in availability and use of contraceptives, "sex ed," and government welfare spending since the late '60s has not resulted in a decline in abortions, but quite the opposite.

Not to mention that your beloved Democrat party consistently supports giving more money to fund abortion and abortion-providers, and consistently opposes even the smallest restrictions or regulations on abortion (while supporting more government regulation of just about everything else).

To say that today's Democratic Party has any interest in reducing abortions is either incredibly ignorant or incredibly dishonest.

Seriously, you're coming off on this board as a Democratic Party shill, rather than a sincere and objective Catholic.