An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Those Who Know Sr Faith Cecilia

maximillion

Dear Faith, I am so sorry to hear this news of your health! Many prayers from the USA to you! Would living in the desert be an environment that would help you tolerate your asthma better?

O dear this must be so sad for you. Please don't give up hope, your suffering is precious for the Lord! He has a plan in all this!

:nun3:

Dear Faith, I am so sorry to hear this news of your health! Many prayers from the USA to you! Would living in the desert be an environment that would help you tolerate your asthma better?

I don't know if Faith will see this, as she is moving back to her parents' today and she isn't up to posting much here yet, but from what she tells me her asthma is too acute for a change in climate to make all that much difference. It's not just about quality of air - life-threatening attacks can be triggered by crying, laughing, even sitting in the wrong position for too long. She is likely to continue needing close supervision and care, including hospitalisations, so travel to sunnier climes is not a realistic possibility at the moment. ;)

BarbTherese

My heart with my prayer goes out to Faith in active Hope. This is tremendous cross indeed to bear.

Well, thank you for the update, Beatitude, and if you are in contact with her, please assure her of our loving concern, and that if we can help in any way, we would be happy to be there for her.  If she doesn't want to reach out on an open thread, she is welcome to PM any of us.  

She is a beloved member of our phamily, and we are concerned.  But we don't want to push ourselves on her, either.  

Please let her know that she is loved and prayed for, OK?

We're friends IRL and we talk often. I'm sure she will be back here when she feels ready - obviously it's been a pretty emotionally draining time for her and she has.many demands n her time just now, such as looking for a suitable apartment. She knows that she's being prayed for here and I am sure she prays for everyone on VS too.

Beatitude ... she will be in my prayers.  And it is more than understandable that she's taking her time.  It took me forever to get to where I'm at today, and I think I wished I had the prudence to have not jumped on Phatmass as early as I did.  But then God works all things out, doesn't He? :)

faithcecelia

Hello!

Beatitudes update was very accurate, and sadly after the last admission mentioned here I have managed my most dramatic yet, beginning with 5hrs on resus followed by 20hrs in ITU and 2 weeks in hospital ending when I self-discharged because things were not going well and my health was declining rapidly as my consultant reduced my medication to see what I could manage without!

I moved to my parents last night. It is far from an ideal situation and I will be flat hunting in earnest in the hope I can get my own place and move within a few weeks. Actually leaving Notting Hill, even though I had been in the extern quarters for several weeks, was still so hard, I am absolutely devastated.

But basically Im okay. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, Im in regular contact with Maximillian, Beatitude and Maarigold, so they pass on your kind words. I'll try to write more fully soon, until then will keep you all close in prayer.

Mary's Margaret

Daily prayer for you, Faith. Our Lord's mercy will sustain you, and the Holy Spirit lead you. God's most holy will be done.