An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Question On Fears

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

yeah seriously! it only wiped out half the population. the other half was just fine.

google "hemorrhagic fever" and "renal failure"

We have the medical technology to defeat stuff like that now. And I've never heard a person who is afraid of mice cite the black plague as a reason for their fear.

And I actually said I would understand if people were afraid because of diseases, but when I ask them their fears are more towards just seeing a mouse and touching it, rather than health issues associated with it.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Perhaps women are more scared of mice now in general if ever because of this phantasm of a stereo type, and women sub consciously think that this is what women are meant to be like, ' afraid of mice?' See how fantasy can actually trip people out like drug addiction and alcoholism and actually control a persons belief systems.  I hear the whole G.K. Chesterton if he actually said it that fantasy is not good because it tells us there are dragons but that dragons can be defeated. But c'mon, there be dragons and there be mice. I watched a show though that proved elephants in general are actually scared of mice. Stealing your larder huh? It has nothing to do with weight either it has to do with powerlessness. God has the power, " may you find him now." 

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And I've never heard a person who is afraid of mice cite the black plague as a reason for their fear.

Perhaps it  can be generational passed down through the family. :)

FP...I'm scared of your avatar. It just isn't very 'you.' I was picturing your hair as being a bit more natural.

Ancilla Domini

I have two pet mice, actually, and I let them run up and down my arms. I'm not scared of them even a whit. :D

Edited by Ancilla Domini

PhuturePriest

FP...I'm scared of your avatar. It just isn't very 'you.' I was picturing your hair as being a bit more natural.

My hair is naturally blonde and my lips naturally lipstick red. Is there a problem with this?

In all actuality, my lips actually are bright red. People ask me if I'm wearing lipstick all the time, especially in pictures. :P

I do understand this is a prominent irrational fear, and that it's a fear based upon nothing factual. 

I'm more afraid of enclosed spaces and crowds than mice. 

and I have a vicious cat who teaches mice a lesson by torturing them to death. 

PhuturePriest

I'm more afraid of enclosed spaces and crowds than mice. 

and I have a vicious cat who teaches mice a lesson by torturing them to death. 

That's a better attitude than IcePrincess who, though I love her to death, hates cats with a passion. :P

That's a better attitude than IcePrincess who, though I love her to death, hates cats with a passion. :P

I wouldn't say that I love my cat. We have a mutual respect & understanding for each other's badassery. 

PhuturePriest

I wouldn't say that I love my cat. We have a mutual respect & understanding for each other's badassery. 

This is still better than IcePrincess. :P

i own two rats: Emory and Dahlia. sisters. love them seeeeaux much.

I believe I mentioned you earlier in the thread, actually. :P