An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emma Berry Update

lisaberry

Hi Everyone! Happy Easter. For all who have been praying for Emma, she has been granted a year leave of absence from the Poor Clare Monastery. Due to her youth, and the very small novitiate, (she was the only novice), she was not quite ready to make her clothing which was going to be celebrated next week. She really loves the Poor Clare life and was very fulfilled as a Poor Clare novice, so she will continue to discern her vocation from home. She is not quite ready to be on social media yet and wanted me to tell all of you to continue to pray. Thank you! Lisa Berry

petitpèlerin

Thank you, Lisa Berry. I've wondered how Emma's been doing and appreciate the update! Will keep her in my prayers.

Deus te Amat

Mrs. Berry, please let Emma know that I'm here if she wants to talk about adjustment to the world. Regardless, please let her know of my prayers.

Prayers for Emma, for you, Lisa, and for many others in similar spots.  God has His timing, and we are here to support all of you as we can.  Feel free to PM, too...

I was just thinking about her the other day!! Came across some post of hers.. And was wondering how she was doing!! In any case, I am very glad to hear she is doing well! Life is a series of ups and downs and adjustments! She will do just fine as she meets these bumps in the road of life!! Please pass on to her, we are happy for her no matter what!! :)) BTW-Much Thanks for the update!! ;)

littlesister

Thank you for the update.  Prayers for Emma - this has to be disappointing, but being the only novice would be kind of lonesome.  Some fine religious waited the same way and the result has been wonderful.    God bless one and all.  It's been a grace to follow her journey.