An Old School Catholic Message Board

Papa Francis Considering Allowing Remarried People To Receive Communio

AugustineA

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Well fortunately for me, the church, in it's wisdom has declared that headcovering is optional  The Bible also says to "pray always"  and that one cannot eat shellfish.  Regardless of how you feel about what the Bible sais,

According to saint paul in the holy scriptures, Head covering whether man or women and long or short hair have always been personal devotions and not to be imposed on the community. Read 1corinthians 11:2-16, take particular note of the last verse 16. But also of course the pope and the magesterium is the judge of such matters, and if the community/parish your in says wear head covers than wear them if they say no than no, and if they say optional than optional. I put a transmundane  thread to discuss these exact verses yesterday if any of you would like to join in. :) God bless.

Onward christian souls.

Fidei Defensor

Nihil, might it be that this is the intention? First let the divorced step in line to communion and then the homosexuals et al will follow? 

"The homosexuals" are perfectly welcome to receive communion, assuming they are chaste and in communion with the Church.  I, an unworthy sinner, am welcomed to the Lord's table and receive almost every day.

"The homosexuals" are perfectly welcome to receive communion, assuming they are chaste and in communion with the Church.  I, an unworthy sinner, am welcomed to the Lord's table and receive almost every day.

Was not referring to the chaste

Fidei Defensor

One must be careful with their words and making generalizations. 

Nihil Obstat

Nihil, might it be that this is the intention? First let the divorced step in line to communion and then the homosexuals et al will follow? 

Interesting to think about. I would be surprised if there are not some bishops around the world who intend for this eventually to occur. Just like there were certainly bishops in the 60s and 70s who fully intended for the Church to embrace Modernism via the 'spirit of Vatican II' and the 'post-conciliar Church'.

Interesting to think about. I would be surprised if there are not some bishops around the world who intend for this eventually to occur. Just like there were certainly bishops in the 60s and 70s who fully intended for the Church to embrace Modernism via the 'spirit of Vatican II' and the 'post-conciliar Church'.

Standard modus operandi, just like they did decades ago with inserting St Joseph into the Canon. First St Joseph and then the whole Canon. 

Nihil Obstat

Standard modus operandi, just like they did decades ago with inserting St Joseph into the Canon. First St Joseph and then the whole Canon. 

Well. There are things I am more inclined to make an issue about it. But tampering with the Liturgy is extremely dangerous.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

John XXIII's  decree was only the culmination of sporadic but intensive campaigns, dating back to 1815, through which hundreds of thousands of signatures of the hierarchy and the laity had been gathered and sent to the Vatican. The campaigns had become particularly intensive at the announcements of Vatican I by Pope Pius IX, and of Vatican II by Pope John. 

CatholicCid

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-emphasizes-indissolubility-of-christian-matrimony/

Pope emphasizes 'indissolubility of Christian matrimony'

Pope Francis on April 25 stressed the need for bishops and priests to give a “consistent witness” to Christian moral teaching, including the lifelong nature of Christian marriage, and to teach these truths “with great compassion.”

“The holiness and indissolubility of Christian matrimony, often disintegrating under tremendous pressure from the secular world, must be deepened by clear doctrine and supported by the witness of committed married couples,” Pope Francis said.

“Christian matrimony is a lifelong covenant of love between one man and one woman; it entails real sacrifices in order to turn away from illusory notions of sexual freedom and in order to foster conjugal fidelity.”

havok579257

so you think pope francis wants to allow unchaste homosexuals to receive communion?