Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Happens At The Moment A Pope Becomes An Anti Pope ?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Bowing towards and kissing objects are signs of reverance in Catholicism and Islam. The Patriarch with the Pope admitted it was not an empty gesture but out of respect for Muslims. So the Pope respected the Quran as those who believe in it. Does that mean we can actively participate in non-Catholic ceremonies? The past teaching was that doing do was forbidden, and any Catholic found doing it was suspect of heresy. The action in itself was scandalous, see 1 Cor 8:9 etc about that. It's simply inexcusable to try to justify this act. I'm not saying the Holy Father was not the Pope, I'm saying he was wrong, and the damage from that and similar actions are still reverberating.


If a Pope Said, "the council of Trent taught the transubstantiation but I teach the Eucharist is nothing but a symbol" that is formal and not material heresy. It is possible to know formal from innocent error or material error.

 

Just curious, what is this alleged damage that is still reverberating and how has it occurred  as a result of the Pope's action? And if he kissed the book out of respect for those who believe in it's contents, how does that legitimize actually participating in non-Catholic ceremonies. I don't think it does.

 

My thoughts about this action: St. John Paul bowed towards the ground and kissed it on several occasions-- was anybody scandalized by these actions? Also, St. Francis of Assisi reverenced pieces of paper with the name of Jesus-- that book in question contains the name of Jesus (I'm pretty sure but I could be wrong somehow)... just saying.

Edited by Seven77
The Bus Station
Posted

giphy.gif

Credo in Deum
Posted

As an aside, the Naksibendi Sufis I associated with... Basically Islamic mysticism... Literally believed JPII was an undercover Muslim! The cited the Quran issue as *one* reason.

 

As an aside, the Imam I associated with literally believed JPII to be one of the worst infidels that ever lived since he kissed their holy book with his swine stained lips.  They took his actions as a grave offence against their faith.   They also said if I encounter mortify ii, to post this to show him how ridiculous these types of statements look since they're unsupported fluff.

 

 

Here have a muffin.   :muffin:

Credo in Deum
Posted

giphy.gif

You win, good sir. 

 

PS, It's so nice, you have to post it twice!  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...