An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station Etiquete

cmaD2006

A reminder to everyone:

a) there are (now) two pinned and locked threads at the top of vocation station.  PLEASE READ THEM.

b) as far as discussions about a religious community, if something is internal and only known by their members or those close to them then DO NOT POST.

c) if it seems gossipy/etc. then don't post.  There could be things published on the internet, but if it seems not to really edify then it is probably better not to post.

d) yes -- there can be an honest discussion about a community.  But -- again let's treat the topic with the utmost respect.  No speculation.  Give the community the benefit of the doubt.  And well -- there is always a possibility that what is an imperfect community to most will be the perfect community for the right person.

We've tried very hard to have Vocation Station be a healthy place to discuss vocations to all sorts of communities.  Let's try to keep it that way.

Thanks

An aside -- there's a thread discussing how to handle entering a community in visitation.  That's more like what I suggest.  That sort of discussion (as of the date/time of this post) is honest without necesarily tearing down a particular community.

chrysostom

Thanks for the reminder.

Am I a bad person if I'm happy that my props didn't disappear when the other topic got deleted? :paperbag:

Thanks for the reminder.

Am I a bad person if I'm happy that my props didn't disappear when the other topic got deleted? :paperbag:

LOL rotfl

AugustineA

Well shux. I knew something was going to happen before I left for work. CMAD kudos for being so patient. Are you religious?