Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Fidei Defensor
Posted

My Beloved, He who carries the lions share of sufferings for me that I may only have to taste their bitterness rather than be crushed under their weight.

Lilllabettt
Posted

For me God is the mystery of the universe. The fundamental human condition is to always be reaching out to grasp that mystery ... though he is always just slipping away.

Posted

The thought of God as Abba is particularly comforting and a source of mystery and productive reflection.

Credo in Deum
Posted

I'm reading a very excellent book right now on the new evangelization, and in it, the author states that less than 5% of Catholics have a personal relationship with God. One of the reasons she gives for this incredibly low number is that our society has developed a taboo on talking about God and what He means to us personally. We have come to think that our relationships with Him are private and should be locked away deep inside and only brought out with Him or with a spiritual director.

 

That, my friends, is hiding your light under a bushel.

 

I am trying to figure out how God is calling me to live my life in witness, and I think this may have some part of it. Consider yourselves a social experiment.

 

 

I ask you -- who is God to you? How is it that you relate to Him?

 

 

Please try to keep this thread on topic. Let us walk together to Christ, in charity. 

 

God is many things to me.  He's my Father, my brother, my best friend, my sweetest annoyance, my favorite comedian and my greatest teacher.   He is also my Divine Physician, and it has been this role which has opened my heart up to Him, so I could grow and have a deeper relationship which incorporates His other important roles in my life. 

KnightofChrist
Posted

The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.

Posted

To me, God is that friend who keeps shaking his head in disappointment at me but still wants to hang out with me anyway.

this
Posted

Me and God are having something of a rough patch in our relationship at the moment. I am kind of mad at Him for taking everything good out of my life and leaving me all alone. I am sure he has a laundry list of things I have done wrong. We will see if the relationship can be salvaged.

Posted

AAA...this is my priest's signature question that he uses for Confirmation interviews. I would have given a really super theoligcally deep answer except I had no idea what the question was. This is how it went:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priest: "If someone knocked on that door, and I said, 'SilentJoy, go see who that is,' and you opened the door and it was JEEEEEEEEZUS!!, what would He look like?"

 

Me (to myself): Uhhhh...this isn't my office. Why would I be the one opening the door? And why is Jesus knocking? He can walk through walls. But that isn't polite, is it, and Jesus is polite, and I'm polite because Father told me to open the door so I would go ahead and open it...uhhh...

 

Me (to the priest): "Father can you rephrase the question?"

 

Priest: "I said, if someone knocked on that door -- that door, right there -- and I said, "SilentJoy, go open the door and see who it is!" and you went over and opened the door and it was JEEEEEEEEEZUS!!!!!, what would He look like to you?"

 

Me (to self): That door. The blonde door with the gray handle. That's what the door looks like, what does Jesus look like...Jesus iiiiiiisssss...Jewish. He looks like a Jewish person. Jewish people have beards. Jesus is polite and has a beard. Just like George MacDonald! THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG THE PRIEST IS A BUSY MAN WHY CAN'T I ANSWER THIS QUESTION??? Ohhhh I get it Jesus reminds me of George MacDonald because...because they both have beards!! NO THAT'S NOT IT...oh I get it he wants to know what Jesus IS like, not what Jesus LOOKS like -- too late too late too late --

 

Me (to priest): "Um...a ki-ind persun?"

 

Priest: "I see you know Him well."

Posted (edited)

I have no idea, but I know He exists and He cares enough about me to have taken my nature and endured all the same pain and injustice and hunger and loneliness and horror, and shown me that life is bigger than all of that, and that I can be part of that if I choose to.

 

Hell yeah!

Edited by Dr_Asik
BarbTherese
Posted

Father ........... (I really love the little introduction to the Our Father in the Divine Office "And so it is with confidence we can pray as Jesus taught us: "Our Father .....etc......")

 

........and also this and thanks for saying it with such dancing gentle lightness, FP387  :)  :

 

 

 

FuturePriest387, on 01 Jul 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

 

"To me, God is that friend who keeps shaking his head in disappointment at me but still wants to hang out with me anyway." 

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...