An Old School Catholic Message Board

First Vows - Sr. Mary Elizabeth

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

My good friend, Sr. Mary Elizabeth, is preparing to profess first vows with the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus on July 2nd at 11am.  She asked for your prayers.  She's on retreat right now until July 1st.  I wish I could be there to witness her first vows, but I am not able to.  Nonetheless, I know she would be grateful for your support!  :)

Also, their Postulant Beth will be invested in the habit and made a first year novice on July 1st.  Pray for her, too!  It's so wonderful to see new vocations.

OnlySunshine

Tomorrow is the big day!  I'm planning to go to morning Mass to pray for her since we have the rosary and Adoration right before Confession.  We pray for vocations, too, so I think it's suiting.  I so wish I could be there to witness her vows, but if I am able, I hope to witness her final vows - God-willing.  :)

Also, I should mention that in the tradition of the Carmelites, my friend will be receiving her title (such as "of the Holy Face") tomorrow.  I don't know what it will be, but I'll post it when I find out.  Usually, the Sisters update on vow ceremonies and novitiates in the newsletter for the St. Agnes Home. 

OnlySunshine

I remembered a beautiful video my friend made before she re-entered on the Feast of the Sacred Heart 2012.  Her patron saint is Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, a French Carmelite, who was canonized in November 1984 by Pope John Paul II.  Her cause for canonization was opened on July 11, 2011.  I find it fitting to post the video my friend made here, on the eve of her First Profession of Vows.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSH2eJfGbh8[/media]

MaterMisericordiae, what a beautiful video on Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity! One can tell, by this video, that your friend, Sr. Mary Elizabeth, is totally for Carmel! Please give her our best wishes and promise of prayers and request her prayers for us. If you know what title she received and have access to any pictures of the ceremony, please post it/them here!

God bless you and Our Lady keep you!

BarbTherese

I remembered a beautiful video my friend made before she re-entered on the Feast of the Sacred Heart 2012.  Her patron saint is Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, a French Carmelite, who was canonized in November 1984 by Pope John Paul II.  Her cause for canonization was opened on July 11, 2011.  I find it fitting to post the video my friend made here, on the eve of her First Profession of Vows.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSH2eJfGbh8[/media]

Particularly lovely video and thank you for sharing -  I am always fascinated by the eyes of Bl. Elizabeth of The Trinity.

Spem in alium

What a beautiful, emotional video. Thank you so much for posting it. What a joyful time for you and Sr Mary Elizabeth, and Beth too! Prayers for you all. :)

OnlySunshine

What a beautiful, emotional video. Thank you so much for posting it. What a joyful time for you and Sr Mary Elizabeth, and Beth too! Prayers for you all. :)

I was always inspired by her beautiful works of art in videos.  She has a real gift for putting them together.  I really miss her! 

OnlySunshine

One of our favorite movies was "Therese" and we especially loved the soundtrack.  I'm posting this here because it reminds me of when the Therese in the movie takes her vows.  Hard to believe it's less than 8 hours until my friend professes vows!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YufnUupZMfc[/media]

Thank you for sharing this amazing and inspirational video.For sure i will pray for her and for her vocation.

OnlySunshine

Just 1 more hour!  I'm sure she's preparing right now and is a bundle of nerves so please say some prayers for her.  :)

OnlySunshine

Well, my friend is now a professed Carmelite Sister of the Divine Heart of Jesus!!!!  :yahoo:

The Sisters posted the newsletter for St. Agnes Home earlier than anticipated so I don't know her new title yet.  I do know, according to the newsletter, that she will be working alongside Sr. Immaculata in the Social Services department of the St. Agnes Home.  This was the same apostolate she was involved in during her 2nd year of novitiate and she thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm so happy to hear she'll be doing what she loves.  Hopefully, I'll hear from her on Facebook since she uses her mom's iPad to post when her family visits.  :)

Also, Beth and another postulant, Suzette, were clothed in the Carmelite habit yesterday.  I wasn't aware there was a second postulant so she must be from a different province.  A few years ago, they had a postulant from the Motherhouse so I wonder if Suzette is from the Netherlands.  The newsletter didn't give their new names and probably won't until next month.  I hope some pictures of the ceremonies will be posted soon!

OnlySunshine

My friend's sister posted some pictures on Facebook of the vow ceremony and reception so I got to see Sister in her new black veil.  Seeing as how they are on Facebook and not public, I'm not at liberty to post them here, but maybe the Sisters will post some soon!

TheresaThoma

I know Beth and her sister posted a pic of her in her new habit! She looks so happy!

(Also yay for sisters of Sisters having FB accounts....)

OnlySunshine

I know Beth and her sister posted a pic of her in her new habit! She looks so happy!

(Also yay for sisters of Sisters having FB accounts....)

I remember seeing my friend in her habit for the first time (in a picture; I still haven't seen her in person) and it was so surreal and wonderful!  It's amesome to see them so happy!  :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae