An Old School Catholic Message Board

For My Aunt

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

I should have posted this yesterday but I forgot.  My aunt is in the hospital right now recovering from a broken leg that she sustained from a slip and fall in her house.  She is having work done in the kitchen since both she and my uncle are disabled with health problems.  My aunt has rheumatoid arthritis and my uncle has multiple sclerosis (that seems to be regressing, unfortunately).  The broken leg is severe enough that it warrants an admission to a nursing home for rehabilitation since she cannot receive 24 hour care at home.  She must stay off the leg for 3 months.  Fortunately, it was a clean break so it requires no surgery, but it still comes at a very inopportuned time.  I don't know what part of her leg she broke, but, after research it doesn't appear to be the femur (which takes 4-6 months to heal).  It appears to be a lower leg fracture.

Anyway, please say some prayers for her recovery.  At the time, she remains in the hospital but they will soon transfer her to a nursing home.