An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Novices Prepare

cappie

Catherine Therese

An impressive contingent!

Father - are there any discerners or novices in Australia, presently?

Catherine Therese

If you belong to a certain cappuccino-serving community in Sydney then I think a brother of yours has a sister in my former community :)  

Wonderful news that there are three currently preparing - prayers for all vocations!!

Also, there is a wonderful little order of contemplatives that started in Santa Fe, NM and recently moved across to Knoxville, TN. They are the Handmaids of the Precious Blood, and their charism is perpetual adoration as part of their spiritual motherhood of priests and prayer/sacrifice for priests. They also have an "adopt a priest" form for interested lay people who feel called to assist in their prayer ministry. Here's their site: http://www.nunsforpriests.org/

They have a section on their website for passing on the names of priests, seminarians and religious in formation for them to take to prayer. I've entrusted my brothers and cousin (all seminarians) to their prayers. I have shared the link here just in case anyone else would like to join me in commending these young men that Fr. Cappie has told us about to their prayerful intercession.

(As an aside, just to show what a beautiful order this is - they also have a special place in their charism to pray for fallen or struggling priests, and they look upon the famous image of the Pieta as a lesson in what their response to those priests should be - from what I understand it is to tenderly hold the broken other-Christ in their prayers and plead to the Father for him...)

If you belong to a certain cappuccino-serving community in Sydney then I think a brother of yours has a sister in my former community :)

Wonderful news that there are three currently preparing - prayers for all vocations!!

This may be the young man, currently in St Anthony's Hawthorn: Br Joseph Tam Pham, OFM Cap

Br%20Tam1.jpg

Catherine Therese

He's the one :) And now you know the sister to whom I referred... and the community to which I belonged...

(Please may I ask that you let me continue to fly under the radar as far as mention of my community? For their sake more than mine... they value their privacy and I have been open sometimes in an attempt to maintain a balance of public-private concerning my experiences for the sake of others who are going through similar life transitions... but always with the intention of keeping the name of the community out of it. To anyone who DOES know who they are, I just wanna make it clear - opinions expressed by me on Phatmass are my own. I always TRY to faithfully reflect truth, goodness and/or beauty in what I post on this Phorum, but when I get it "wrong", its MY fault, and not a failing of my former community!!)

Edited by Catherine Therese