An Old School Catholic Message Board

Belated Vocations Website

OnlySunshine

Update to Belated Vocations Website  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OnlySunshine

Hey!  I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm thinking of upgrading the website I have for Belated Vocations on Weebly.  It gets consistent web traffic (at least 20 people visit a day), so I'm thinking of paying for the monthly subscription to make it a snazzier website.  Instead of being "belated vocations dot weebly dot com," it would be "belated vocations dot com."  I wanted to get input on it here and see if people would be willing to make donations on it?  I'm starting my job in August but I'm only going to be working 12.5 hours a week at minimum wage.  If people would contribute, even a little bit, I'd set up the website.  The starter pack is the lowest, but it gets a domain name and better features.  I can get 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years at a time.

6 months is $29

1 year is $49

2 years is $79

I know this is the website I created but it's for everyone and I'm just glad I was able to use my God-given research skills for a good purpose.  If I could get enough votes, I'd start a website campaign on the belated vocations website.  Plus, I'd be able to take donations either through PayPal.  Please let me know what you think!

I would definitely recommend updating it to its own domain name which will make it much easier to recall and look up.

I would be happy to donate.

OnlySunshine

I would definitely recommend updating it to its own domain name which will make it much easier to recall and look up.

I would be happy to donate.

Yes, it does give it better search results.  It's listed in the Google search results but comes up a little lower on the results for people who don't have it in their internet cookies.

OnlySunshine

While doing an internet search for more communities to add to the list, I came across this excellent article which describes older vocations in such a positive way.  If I formed my own order, I would never turn away someone because of their age!

http://www.franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Discernment_Part_X_-_Age_Discrimination.html

inperpetuity

While doing an internet search for more communities to add to the list, I came across this excellent article which describes older vocations in such a positive way.  If I formed my own order, I would never turn away someone because of their age!

http://www.franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Discernment_Part_X_-_Age_Discrimination.html

Wow, Mater, this is a great article.  I know someone who will benefit from this.  Thanks for posting it!  :like: