An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans Celebrate Professions

Sr. Dominica

Sr. Dominica

It's been one big party all weekend here in Nashville.

On Friday 5 Sisters professed Final Vows

Saturday was Mother Ann Marie's Feast Day

On Sunday at morning Mass, 11 Sisters renewed their vows.

At Vespers, 17 Postulants were received to the Holy Habit of Saint Dominic and began their Canonical Novitiate.

This morning, 11 Novices made their First Profession.

The Celebrations are far from over as next week is the Patronal Feast of our Holy Father, Saint Dominic, and the week after a class of over 20 new Postulants are due to enter. I make that a total of more than 44 Sisters embarking on new phases in their religious life!! I reckon by the time that is all over the Sisters will be really glad to get back to School!

catholicamama

Wonderful!!!  We were blessed to be there last year at this time for the Final Vows of our daughter's teacher, and recently were guests at their open house in DC.  There is nothing more awesome than the joy of the Nashville Dominicans  :bananarap:

domenica_therese

Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever! Makes me wonder if the vocations to the priesthood the Diocese of Nashville has been experiencing are related.  :hehe2:

Pictures, Sister, we NEED pictures! Puhleez

I'm sure some will go up on their facebook page eventually. :)

It's been one big party all weekend here in Nashville.

On Friday 5 Sisters professed Final Vows

Saturday was Mother Ann Marie's Feast Day

On Sunday at morning Mass, 11 Sisters renewed their vows.

At Vespers, 17 Postulants were received to the Holy Habit of Saint Dominic and began their Canonical Novitiate.

This morning, 11 Novices made their First Profession.

The Celebrations are far from over as next week is the Patronal Feast of our Holy Father, Saint Dominic, and the week after a class of over 20 new Postulants are due to enter. I make that a total of more than 44 Sisters embarking on new phases in their religious life!! I reckon by the time that is all over the Sisters will be really glad to get back to School!

Out of curiosity, are you a member of the Congregation or just a fan/friend? Your information is very specific, but I wasn't aware they had a presence on Phatmass, and one of your pieces of information is, at the present moment, incorrect, to the best of my knowledge.

• 1 year later...