An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tablets

Byzantine

OnlySunshine

The trick with a tablet is to get the best processor you can afford. That is how you can get the most life out of it, because it can actually keep up with updates for a while. That is my issue with the Kindle Fire and the really cheap tablets. The processors are slow, so you are inherently very limited.
I love Samsung's lineup, especially the quad and octa cores. Makes me wish I needed one.

I'm so glad I didn't end up with a bad tablet.  I thought about the Kindle Fire HD when I was looking at them and knew that I did not want to get an iPad because of the price.  I've got an iPod Touch, anyway.  I'm just glad that I didn't buy one of those cheap Coby tablets from a discount store.  It probably wouldn't have lasted long.  I did my research and everything pointed to Samsung.  :)

I'm so glad I didn't end up with a bad tablet.  I thought about the Kindle Fire HD when I was looking at them and knew that I did not want to get an iPad because of the price.  I've got an iPod Touch, anyway.  I'm just glad that I didn't buy one of those cheap Coby tablets from a discount store.  It probably wouldn't have lasted long.  I did my research and everything pointed to Samsung.  :)

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

I have experienced the Kidle Fire, Samsun, and Apple products (I have an iPod touch as well) and samsung is the best by far for price and quality. 

OnlySunshine

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

I have experienced the Kidle Fire, Samsun, and Apple products (I have an iPod touch as well) and samsung is the best by far for price and quality. 

My sister has an iPad but I don't see any advantage to having it over the Samsung.  The Samsung does the same thing for a LOT less.

Yeah. Everything apple sells just has an outrageously inflated price compared to some competitors. Youre paying more in "Hip-Taxes" for the brand than you are for the functionality of the device imo. 

OnlySunshine

Yeah. Everything apple sells just has an outrageously inflated price compared to some competitors. Youre paying more in "Hip-Taxes" for the brand than you are for the functionality of the device imo. 

Hehe, sounds like a discussion I had with my grandmother recently.  She and I agreed that a lot of the money that goes towards updated technology could be used for other things - including food and health care for poor people.  Technology does a lot of good in healthcare but we don't need an updated iPad every year from Apple.

I have heard some good things about Chromebooks but i have no personal experience with them...havent really even seen them much. However I did have a classmate with a chrome laptop...it was so odd!

Nihil Obstat

I have a chromebook, and personally I prefer it to a tablet. 

What programs do you have on it that work offline?

Hasn't really been a problem yet, I've always had Wi-fi. I can make it so I can access my files offline, I have pocket, I have a note-taking app (I use it for taking notes in class, it also records audio). Does everything I need it to do.

OnlySunshine

I have a chromebook, and personally I prefer it to a tablet. 

Isn't there a Samsung Chromebook?