An Old School Catholic Message Board

Threads Closing

Feankie

Okay, here's my drama! I'm sad to see some (notice.....I did NOT say ALL)threads being closed down so soon. I thought we were doing some good theological/pratical "work" on the matter of obedience. Oh well..... sigh

Edited by Francis Clare

AccountDeleted

I, too, was a bit surprised at some of the closings, but maybe somebody reported being offended or something - who knows why m.o.d.s make the decisions they do? I do hope it doesn't become too 'heavy handed' around here but then it's also nice to know that someone is keeping an eye on the place. Let's wait and watch and see how things work out before we start whining too much. It took long enough for dUSt to find us a m.o.d. in the first place! :)

I was also surprised at how quick our new Mother Superior [Father Superior?  Abbot?] laid down the law but I thought I might be thought somewhat out of place if I mentioned it, seeing as how I'm something of an outsider anyhow.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think it's all going to be ok anyway, and Credo will do a good job if we let him.

Credo in Deum

Since I've started I've closed two threads and moved one to the Lame Board.  For the "Various Customs" thread I gave my reason for closing it.  For the "Two Hearts" thread I felt the discussion had reached it's expiration date.  Mainly because I felt there was some internal information about the community being shared publicly when it should have been kept private.  

Also If I do not give a reason for why I close a thread, then please trust that I did it for the benefit of the VS community.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.  I appreciate it. 

Please pray for me. 

Please pray for me. 

Of course, and then I'm going to send you an angry e-mail!

!!!

11!!

!1

[spoiler]jk[/spoiler]

Okay, here's my drama! I'm sad to see some (notice.....I did NOT say ALL)threads being closed down so soon. I thought we were doing some good theological/pratical "work" on the matter of obedience. Oh well..... sigh

You can open up a thread to discuss obedience separately and continue the discussion.  In my opinion, that wasn't the issue on that particular thread.

And speaking of obedience ... wouldn't the better way to handle this is to send a PM to the mod in question?  In religious life, it would actually be almost suicidal to openly question a superior's decision in front of others.  But it doesn't mean that a calm discussion can't be had in private.

It is not easy being a mod.  I know first hand.  And the worst part of the job is getting bashed publically for a decision.  You may not know all that went behind a decision made, so a PM is a safe bet to get insight.  You never know too ... you may be able to convince a mod to back off on a decision.

For what it's worth -- the decisions he made were the ones I would have made.  In one case -- the thread slipped by way back when, because I was in class and had limited internet access.  In another case, a thread went in the wrong direction precisely when I took the weekend off to ponder quitting.