An Old School Catholic Message Board

Partaking Of Roman Eucharist From The Orthodox Side

dairygirl4u2c

Semi-off topic, but I found out that Chaldean Catholics are permitted to take communion at the Assyrian Church of the East if no Chaldean Catholic Church is nearby. The Patriarch of the ACOE allows it also.

*the more you knowwwwwww*

I'm on vacay in Sweden and that's why I haven't responded yet. I did run my first 10k last night though!!

Back from my week off and armed with coffee, I sat down to answer Maggie's thoughts, only to find that not only can I not multiquote, but I can't copy and paste either. Help???

KnightofChrist

Back from my week off and armed with coffee, I sat down to answer Maggie's thoughts, only to find that not only can I not multiquote, but I can't copy and paste either. Help???

I'm on vacay in Sweden and that's why I haven't responded yet. I did run my first 10k last night though!!

Not sure but multiquote works for me so does copy n paste. Try a different browser? Restart your computer?
Guys

I literally haven't been able to post on this thread until now - until I realised that I was trying to answer in order to make myself feel right and superior, not to say anything edifying to Maggie or others who have queries. I thank God that he prevented me! So instead of trying to prove you wrong and me right, I want to ask your forgiveness for anything I may have done to offend you, at any time, and to say a prayer for me. I hope I can show the truth of the Orthodox faith in my life and not in clever answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZVZLLnUY6E

Let all mortal flesh keep silent, 
and in fear and in trembling stand,
pondering nothing earthly minded.
For the King and Lord of Lords comes to be slain,
to give Himself as food to the faithful.

Before Him go the ranks of Angels,
all the principalities,
the many eyed Cherubim
and the six winged Seraphim
covering their faces singing the hymn:
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.

LouisvilleFan

I hope I can show the truth of the Orthodox faith in my life and not in clever answers.

True indeed. It's easy to get caught up in the clever answer game, and become more of an alter Colbertus (rather than an alter Christus).

"Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silent" is one of my favorite hymns. It was the Communion meditation for our Nuptial Mass.