An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help I Want To Be A Benedictine Nun

anglefire

Okay I am an older female who has been discerning religious life. I have been in contact with a community for quite some time. But I have some debt that needs to be cleared up under 12,000. But at the rate I am going it won't be soon enough. I have experienced the calling for over 7 years and I need to quit running. Any help that you can give me would be appreciated. Suggestions. My debt is the only thing in the way

Are you thinking of Cloistered life, semi-cloistered? What is it about the Benedictine's that attracts you?

Are you in the USA? Have you looked into the threads on here about Loans and Debt? They are active at the moment.

Welcome, by the way..............

Do you have any specific questions?

Thank you. I am in the U.S.. And the community I'm discerning with is semi-cloistered. Their spirituality is very close to what I relate to. They keep telling me they can't wait until I'm there. They are a small community of older women and I seemed to fit in quite nicely. Also some of the positions that they held in healthcare at one point I could relate to as I have worked in the healthcare field. Their hospitality is superb

Is your debt education related or otherwise? Mater Eccelsiae fund only does education debt.  How about local KOC or the like.  The KOC of my parish do a monthly pancake breakfast for vocation fundraising.

Thanks everyone. I went and signed up for go fund me. Somehow it's linked in another relative's facebook page. Anyway I remembered I don't have a Facebook page but they set one up using my phone. It starts off with Benedictine nun.

Good idea about the KOC they do help out in alot of ways. And just maybe they might help this old lady. We don't have to many vocations at are parish. So just maybe just maybe they can help. This is kind of ironic but my cousin is a Carmelite with full enclosure. I just know I couldn't do that unless I was an extern. Again thanks for your ideas.

Thank you I will also try them. I never even thought about the Serra Club. The thing is I know deep in my heart that there are alot of good people out in the world. I do know alot of people want to help in anyway they can to promote vocations. So if it happens for me I would be so eternally grateful that I would certainly hope all my prayers would be answered.

OnlySunshine

Thank you I will also try them. I never even thought about the Serra Club. The thing is I know deep in my heart that there are alot of good people out in the world. I do know alot of people want to help in anyway they can to promote vocations. So if it happens for me I would be so eternally grateful that I would certainly hope all my prayers would be answered.

I found out about them when I was discerning with a Carmelite monastery back in 2008 and I had a ton of credit card debt.  Thank God, it's all paid off now (through other means), but someone recommended them to me back then.  :)