An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Rev. Mother Prioress At My (hopeful) Future Monastery.

Freedom

I kind of knew this would happen during my application process, that a new Mother would be voted in. I met her in October when I visited this particular Monastery.  I found her to be quite impressive with her knowledge and how she was full of wisdom.  At the time she was the Novice Mistress.  I got the feeling she didn't like me and now she's the Mother!  I'm a wee bit worried now with all these dreadful what ifs running through my head :(

Credo in Deum

Oh, so now it's your monastery? Haha, just messing with you. ;)

Anyway I'm sure Christ would tell you to stop worrying. If it is His will, He will make it happen.

I say let Rev. Mother make up her own opinion of you. :)

I believe one of the best signs of maturity - in religious life, and, in life in general, is to let go of the very human desire to "want me to be liked." You will be entering this community, if it pleases God, and your focus must remain on Him, as the evil one will place all sorts of barriers in your way, confusions, doubts, anxieties - and you must ignore those thoughts! Only pleasing God matters in religious life and He will use all for your edification. So, please, brush aside those thoughts intended to make you weak in purpose and trust the community's judgment in choosing the best possible person for the position for this time. God is so good! So merciful! You are answering a call to a very beautiful life and I pray that you will do well as you face your human nature; remember God WILL give you the supernatural graces necessary to live the life. Trust! Rose

I kind of knew this would happen during my application process, that a new Mother would be voted in. I met her in October when I visited this particular Monastery.  I found her to be quite impressive with her knowledge and how she was full of wisdom.  At the time she was the Novice Mistress.  I got the feeling she didn't like me and now she's the Mother!  I'm a wee bit worried now with all these dreadful what ifs running through my head :(

No freak-outs allowed!! You were impressed by how wise she seemed; do you really think that she'll make a childish decision about your application, even in the event that she isn't absolutely thrilled with you?

Funny story: A Prioress told me that, years ago, there was one novice that she found very annoying, and she didn't know why; the young woman wasn't doing anything wrong. One day she realized that the only reason she disliked this novice was because of the way the girl parted her hair...she had a good laugh at herself about that.