An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Blog About Discerning A New Religious Community

DameAgnes

Credo in Deum

Prayers that they get their approval.

Also I have received some concerns about this group of young ladies, since they do not have diocesan approval for their community and since their community isn't named in their blog. First thing to clarify is these women are not an established community so they will not have approval yet. They are working on getting that approval and are simply stating what they plan to do as a community once they get approval. Secondly I have emailed them directly to see if they have picked a name for their future community as well as asking them where they are currently in the approval process.

This is their reply:

"Hello,

We have received approval to begin the process of foundation. Right now we are a de facto association and have no formal title. We met with our local bishop in October of 2013 and have been working with his appointed representatives: a canon lawyer and community spiritual director to move forward in this process in continued discernment.

God Bless!"

With that said I will be leaving this thread open. Yes, I'm sure for some of you this comes as shock. ;)

God bless.

Prayers that they get their approval.

Also I have received some concerns about this group of young ladies, since they do not have diocesan approval for their community and since their community isn't named in their blog. First thing to clarify is these women are not an established community so they will not have approval yet. They are working on getting that approval and are simply stating what they plan to do as a community once they get approval. Secondly I have emailed them directly to see if they have picked a name for their future community as well as asking them where they are currently in the approval process.

This is their reply:

"Hello,

We have received approval to begin the process of foundation. Right now we are a de facto association and have no formal title. We met with our local bishop in October of 2013 and have been working with his appointed representatives: a canon lawyer and community spiritual director to move forward in this process in continued discernment.

God Bless!"

With that said I will be leaving this thread open. Yes, I'm sure for some of you this comes as shock. ;)

God bless.

Thanks for putting in the additional research!

This is my personal reflection Id like to share ---With so many wonderful religious communities in need of vocations, I always experience a little heartbreak when I see a new community being founded. I admire their vision, and believe there are many grounded, habited communities out there who are taking this New Evangelization very seriously. Imagine what their enthusiasm could bring to a community already alive! I also have reservations about a LifeTeen, so that worries me.

My personal, immediate reaction aside, I love their spirit and do wish them the very best. We cannot question the Holy Spirit's movement, and with the Bishop's involvement, I'm sure will all go well, and for God's greater glory! Rose