An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Medals/scapulars Do You Wear? Plus A Question.

chrysostom

AveMariaPurissima

I wear only one, and will wear it for the rest of my days - I wear the medal of the Confraternity of Angelic Warfare.

One can wear either the medal, or a cord about one's waist. Since leaving the convent my weight has fluctuated such that a medal is the more practical of the two options. Each day, the devotion associated with wearing the medal (to which I have made a lifetime promise) involves the following prayer:

"Chosen lily of innocence, purest St Thomas, to you who did preserve ever fair your baptismal robe; to you who being girded by two angels did become a true angel in the flesh: to you do we pray to recommend us to Jesus the Immaculate Lamb and to Mary the Queen of Virgins, that we also who bear about us your sacred cord may receive the gift of your purity, and that thus imitating you upon the earth, we may one day be crowned with you, O great guardian of our purity, among the angels in paradise."

There are other versions of the prayer but this is the one I learned when I was a religious.

It's a beautiful devotion, IMHO.

http://www.angelicwarfareconfraternity.org/

Thank you for posting the prayer -- it is so beautiful!!  I'm interested in possibly looking more into the Angelic Warfare Confraternity, so it was really neat to get to read some of the prayers that are part of it. :)

A yellow gold protestant cross (without a crucifix) around my neck on a gold chain, a brown scapular, attached to that is a Saint Benedict and a Miraculous Medal.

I have a brown scapular with Our Lady of Guadalupe on it, and a stainless steel Byzantine Cross :)

Edited by Selah

Also, this is my beautiful pocket crucifix.  From the markings on the back I think it's from the shrine of Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles de Torreciudad

gymNdED.jpg