An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Would You Rather Die?

dairygirl4u2c

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PhuturePriest

Mexican+Priest+Martyr.jpg

Viva Cristo Rey.

This precisely. This is the best type of martyrdom. Not only did this priest go straight to heaven, but he avoided torture and died almost instantly.

However, there is an argument to be made that when you are tortured, you gain more merit in heaven and thus share in more of God's glory than if you had a quick and painless martyrdom.

This precisely. This is the best type of martyrdom. Not only did this priest go straight to heaven, but he avoided torture and died almost instantly.

However, there is an argument to be made that when you are tortured, you gain more merit in heaven and thus share in more of God's glory than if you had a quick and painless martyrdom.

The thing I especially like about that picture is that, based on the fact that he is wearing a maniple and chasuble, he was probably actually saying Mass when he was arrested. Hardcore.

PhuturePriest

The thing I especially like about that picture is that, based on the fact that he is wearing a maniple and chasuble, he was probably actually saying Mass when he was arrested. Hardcore.

Go big or go home.

Ash Wednesday

an ya ever notice, we have plenty of stories of the wonders of Heaven from people who had near death experiences or visions, and the same for Hell,  but no one has ever said wooo I had a near death experience and I saw purgatory, not to argue against purgatory, just saying how come no stories on purgatory out there ?

Actually, there are a number of near death experiences where people have experienced purgatory.

I'm not sure what more can be said beyond that, though, because these experiences are still a mystery -- with some common themes but with some variations depending on the person relaying the story. I find them pretty fascinating, though. 

PhuturePriest

Actually, there are a number of near death experiences where people have experienced purgatory.

I'm not sure what more can be said beyond that, though, because these experiences are still a mystery -- with some common themes but with some variations depending on the person relaying the story. I find them pretty fascinating, though. 

Who made you a Mediator of Meh?

I agree with this action. We need more British people in charge.

Ash Wednesday

Who made you a Mediator of Meh?

I agree with this action. We need more British people in charge.

Or, in my case, Americans living overseas. :) But even back home I was up at odd hours so I guess it works fine either way.

• 2 weeks later...