An Old School Catholic Message Board

Choosing A Religious Community - 8 Tips For Discernment.

Freedom

Thank you for the link but my opinion is that if you pick something by some list something is wrong.Specially order in what you will serve.

It is something what is coming from your heart and you discerning but it is only my opinion.

veritasluxmea

I think the article is a good start but that's not all there is to picking a community. Some communities can be a bit unstable or unhealthy and still be within the guidelines presented in the article, at least of the surface. I know the article it simply meant to be a good start and it does that well, just wanted to mention it. 

I signed up for Vocations Placement (http://www.vocationsplacement.org) a couple years ago.  You give them your information in which they send to Religious Orders who have signed up for Vocations Placement as well.  The different orders contact you via phone, email or postal letters.    

Vocations Placement is a great service for those discerning, whether they have experience in their search or they are just beginning. Currently I'm applying to one of the communities that has contacted me through them.  I came across this link as I originally posted and thought it was beautiful.  

veritasluxmea

Vocations placement looks really cool actually- can't believe I've missed it somehow before? Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely going to check that out :)