An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vs Has Been Quiet Recently

marigold

Ah, it sounds amazing, Antigonos! I could really use a swim and a barbecue right now. Summer in London this year has been rubbish - baking hot and pouring with rain.

I can live without the barbie shrimp but can we have spicy chicken and flame grilled veggies? :)

I was thinking more of grilled St. Peter's fish...

(This is a fresh-water fish rather like a flat trout, found in the Sea of Galilee, but usually, these days, commercially farmed in fish ponds in the Jordan Valley to the south of the Sea. A bit boney, but very tasty)

brandelynmarie

Antigonos, you really need to be made a Cordial Non-Catholic...then we can prop you!

Wait, didn't I say this before? :hehe:

It makes NO SENSE that you are not on Phatmass what you are in truth:  A Cordial Non Catholic.  :)  And thank you for all you contribute to VS.  :heart:   You are also VERY welcome to come hang out on the Summer Book Thing and Walk across America threads in Open Mic should you desire... same for all of you!!!

Antigonos, you really need to be made a Cordial Non-Catholic...then we can prop you!
Wait, didn't I say this before? :hehe:

^^^^ I agree......

It makes NO SENSE that you are not on Phatmass what you are in truth:  A Cordial Non Catholic.  :)  And thank you for all you contribute to VS.  :heart:  

Done.

Hi just stepped out from lurking to let you know that this movie is available to watch for free if you have Amazon prime. Thanks for suggesting it! I look forward to watching it.

Can anyone explain to me exactly what Amazon Prime is? And if it's worth getting?

I hope you enjoy the film - I found it woooonderful. (Hard to go wrong with my 2 fave interests though - Scandinavia and monasticism :hehe2: ) I was sobbing buckets at the end. So glad it's available online somewhere. There is a full-length version on YouTube but it's dubbed into Russian AND subtitled into Greek. Somewhat distracting!

And - WELCOME!  :jester:

Edited by marigold

Thank you Marigold:) Amazon prime was $79 (annual fee) last year around Christmas time and I was facing a lot of shipping charges so for me it's paid for itself with the free shipping. I got a kindle for Christmas and the operating system on it is connected to Amazon so any tv show/movie marked Prime is free. Books marked Prime are also free (1 at a time) and tons of music also. Since I have a kindle I think it's worth it and will probably renew. Not everything is free, just stuff marked Prime and often you can get stuff cheaper from a non-Prime vendor. Prime just means that a vendor has a special relationship with Amazon. Mostly I use Prime for free media and free shipping (esp. large items). Also there are a lot of kindle apps (anything Android based) like Laudete, iBreviary, etc. Sorry for the hijack. I'm a noob of course.

This auto correct thing is killing me.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Hi just stepped out from lurking to let you know that this movie is available to watch for free if you have Amazon prime. Thanks for suggesting it! I look forward to watching it.

Can you give me the link? I thought I had it and now I can't find it! We have Prime, a Christmas present from the mother of one of our sisters.

THANKS!

SMC