An Old School Catholic Message Board

Introduction And Prayer Request

Augustinian

Thank you to everyone who posts here. It is exciting to see so many people thinking seriously about how they will say 'Yes' to God's call to holiness. 

I wanted to introduce myself and ask for your prayers. I'm currently a Ph.D student in Theology (specifically Patristics) at a Catholic university. I am hoping to join the Order of Preachers when I finish (Deo Volente). I am also a convert to the faith - I was received into the Church about 7 years ago. 

My prayer request is, like so many others, about my student debt. I am the first person in my family to graduate from college and so there wasn't a lot of advice on where to go, what scholarships to apply for, etc. Between my B.A. and M.A., I have about 80k in debt. I'm paying what I can down every month, but Ph.D students don't exactly make a lot of money. I have been praying to St. Jude, St. Dominic, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Our Lady to take care of this so that I might enter as soon as I finish my doctorate. I would very much appreciate it if people who read this would say a quick prayer for me too and know that I will be praying for you.