PhuturePriest Posted September 11, 2014 Posted September 11, 2014 A new online "challenge" has been made, wherein black people burn images of "cracker Jesus" in the name of liberation. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/vile-burn-white-cracker-jesus-challenge-sweeps-internet-video/ What's it say about me that I immediately thought it would be protestants burning the Eucharist or something?
Ash Wednesday Posted September 11, 2014 Posted September 11, 2014 What's it say about me that I immediately thought it would be protestants burning the Eucharist or something? I thought the same thing. Not necessarily protestants but something specifically anti-Eucharist. This challenge and this man's video angers me beyond belief. And rest assured it will be a futile effort done by an angry, bitter man with a chip on his shoulder, and it won't make him any less bitter. If anything, his bitterness will only get worse because it's not going to solve his issues. Someone painted that artwork with love. There's a number of images and statues of Jesus out there that I don't particularly like. But I know that the artist likely created it with love, and I can respect that. But someone defacing art that had been done with love and reverence makes my blood boil.
truthfinder Posted September 11, 2014 Posted September 11, 2014 Eugh, I get that there are both historical and social problems with a "white" Jesus, but torching a picture isn't going to help. Commission pictures of Jesus as whatever race you want.
Credo in Deum Posted September 11, 2014 Posted September 11, 2014 Those willing to burn a picture of Christ, are one step closer to burning other sacred things.
KnightofChrist Posted September 11, 2014 Posted September 11, 2014 Never thought I'd see the day of racist/racially bigoted iconoclasm.
PhuturePriest Posted September 11, 2014 Author Posted September 11, 2014 Never thought I'd see the day of racist/racially bigoted iconoclasm. As entertaining as this post is, please be aware several members are probably going to be al over you about how they think it's impossible for black people to be racist. :P
EmilyAnn Posted September 11, 2014 Posted September 11, 2014 Maybe add a warning about the language in the video... I am baffled by the ignorance in this, not to mention how appallingly bigoted this man is.
blazeingstar Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 Those willing to burn a picture of Christ, are one step closer to burning other sacred things. Normally, I'd say yes, but in this case, I'd say he's one step closer to harming people who are in his targeted racial profile. This honestly has nothing to do with the sacred, but everything to do with deep-seated racial bias. In this case I feel that some white preacher or priest would be more of a target than the Holy Eucharist. * I didn't watch the video...slow connection*
dUSt Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 As entertaining as this post is, please be aware several members are probably going to be al over you about how they think it's impossible for black people to be racist. :P Black people can't be racist. Race is a social construct anyway. Go Pack Go!
dUSt Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 Maybe add a warning about the language in the video... I am baffled by the ignorance in this, not to mention how appallingly bigoted this man is. FuturePacker has a history of posting videos with vulgar language. A second ban is coming soon probably.
PhuturePriest Posted September 16, 2014 Author Posted September 16, 2014 Black people can't be racist. Race is a social construct anyway. Go Pack Go! I'll accept your opinion if you change my sinful name back to FuturePriest.
PhuturePriest Posted September 16, 2014 Author Posted September 16, 2014 FuturePacker has a history of posting videos with vulgar language. A second ban is coming soon probably. I'll watch the videos I post and keep my deplorable name if you don't suspend me.
Credo in Deum Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 I'll watch the videos I post and keep my deplorable name if you don't suspend me. Wait you didn't even watch the video?
PhuturePriest Posted September 16, 2014 Author Posted September 16, 2014 Wait you didn't even watch the video? No, I watched it. I meant "watch" as in watch closely for language and things like that. I'm used to people saying bad words all the time, so when I see a video where people say them a lot I don't even notice.
Credo in Deum Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 Yeah I know that I was just messing with you.
PhuturePriest Posted September 16, 2014 Author Posted September 16, 2014 Yeah I know that I was just messing with you. Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men, wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men, wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men!!!!!!
veritasluxmea Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 When I first read the title I thought people were trying to burn a picture of Jesus on crackers. You know, like the Mary toast, except on crackers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now