Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are You A Narcissist?


Recommended Posts

CountrySteve937
Posted

I got a 0 

Posted

Yeah, they really are. I am an extraordinary person because I'm a son of God and God has a specific purpose for me that he doesn't have for anyone else, but so does everyone else, so in that sense I'm not "special" in that regard, so I chose that I'm just like everyone else.

 

a50f1c9693ee9aa70b733c80c6943b58.jpg

Posted

22

 

Narcissistic Trait     Strength of Trait Authority: 3.00     blueblock.gif Self-Sufficiency: 4.00     redblock.gif Superiority: 3.00     redblock.gif Exhibitionism: 3.00     blueblock.gif Exploitativeness: 4.00     redblock.gif Vanity: 2.00     blueblock.gif Entitlement: 3.00     blueblock.gif

 

I am a terrible person. :stubborn:

puellapaschalis
Posted

22

 

Narcissistic Trait     Strength of Trait Authority: 3.00     blueblock.gif Self-Sufficiency: 4.00     redblock.gif Superiority: 3.00     redblock.gif Exhibitionism: 3.00     blueblock.gif Exploitativeness: 4.00     redblock.gif Vanity: 2.00     blueblock.gif Entitlement: 3.00     blueblock.gif

 

I am a terrible person. :stubborn:

 

I would say, 'Get over yourself' but I'm half afeard you'll come after me and slay me in my bed.
 

Posted

22

 

Narcissistic Trait     Strength of Trait Authority: 3.00     blueblock.gif Self-Sufficiency: 4.00     redblock.gif Superiority: 3.00     redblock.gif Exhibitionism: 3.00     blueblock.gif Exploitativeness: 4.00     redblock.gif Vanity: 2.00     blueblock.gif Entitlement: 3.00     blueblock.gif

 

I am a terrible person. :stubborn:

 

The quiz recommends anyone who scores a 20 or above to get checked by a psychologist to see if they have a legitimate case of narcissism, or if they're just really self-absorbed.

Posted (edited)

So many of these are both/and questions!!

 

I try not to be a show off ... but ... I will usually show off if I get the chance.

 

I expect a great deal from other people ... but ... I like to do things for other people.

 

I am more capable than other people ... but ... There is a lot that I can learn from other people.

 

I am much like everybody else ... but ... I am an extraordinary person.

 

 

Apparently I rack up a lot of authority, superiority and entitlement, but am low on self-sufficiency, exploitativeness and vanity. So I'm a pain to be around but probably won't hurt you :P

 

One thing about several of the questions is you have to discern whether your answer is truly humble, or if you just have low self-esteem. For instance, I checked yes for enjoying showing off my body. Most wouldn't, but they have to discern if that's due to poor self-image or not. If you don't think you're that attractive of course you would say no, so you have to then ask yourself "If I did think I was really attractive, would I want to show off my body to everyone?" If so, then check yes on liking to show off your body.

Edited by FuturePrius
Posted

Your Total: 6

Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.

 

 

Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:

Narcissistic Trait     Strength of Trait Authority: 2.00     blueblock.gif Self-Sufficiency: 1.00     blueblock.gif Superiority: 1.00     blueblock.gif Exhibitionism: 0.00     blueblock.gif Exploitativeness: 0.00     blueblock.gif Vanity: 0.00     blueblock.gif Entitlement: 2.00     blueblock.gif

 

Posted

6


Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
Authority: 1.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 0.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 2.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 3.00


Entitlement for sure is a big problem for me; however, I think I'm entitled to a better score. This test is rubbish! Rubbish I tells you!

Posted

6


Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
Authority: 1.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 0.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 2.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 3.00


Entitlement for sure is a big problem for me; however, I think I'm entitled to a better score. This test is rubbish! Rubbish I tells you!

 

I'll work on your entitlement to a better score if you work on my entitlement to an FSSP parish near me.

The Bus Station
Posted

I scored a 0 bye

Posted

I scored a 0 bye

 

Truly, the greatest among us.

Posted

If the first will be last and then the last will be first, wouldn't the first be first again? 

Posted

Scored 3.

 

One of them had to do with self-sufficiency -- indication that I had to rely on myself to get things done. I guess that doesn't necessarily make someone a narcissist, I don't think diligence and getting your own work done without having to ask for help is necessarily such a narcissistic thing. 

 

Now, not being willing to ask others for help when it would serve one well to do so is a different matter.

 

Oh well.  :cyclops:

Posted

If the first will be last and then the last will be first, wouldn't the first be first again? 

 

Mind. Blown.

Basilisa Marie
Posted

I got six. 

 

Narcissistic Trait     Strength of Trait Authority: 3.00     blueblock.gif Self-Sufficiency: 0.00     blueblock.gif Superiority: 1.00     blueblock.gif Exhibitionism: 0.00     blueblock.gif Exploitativeness: 1.00     blueblock.gif Vanity: 1.00     blueblock.gif Entitlement: 0.00     blueblock.gif

 

Posted

 

I got six. 

 

Narcissistic Trait     Strength of Trait Authority: 3.00     blueblock.gif Self-Sufficiency: 0.00     blueblock.gif Superiority: 1.00     blueblock.gif Exhibitionism: 0.00     blueblock.gif Exploitativeness: 1.00     blueblock.gif Vanity: 1.00     blueblock.gif Entitlement: 0.00     blueblock.gif

 

 

Catholics are apparently way less narcissistic than everyone else.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...