An Old School Catholic Message Board

Philosophy Jokes

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

With absolutely no order to them except the chronological order in which I heard them.

1. Yo' mama's so classless she could be a Marxist utopia.

2. How many marxists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

• None. The lightbulb contains the seeds of its own revolution.

3. So, Zeno walks halfway into a bar....

enhanced-buzz-2305-1378377607-5.jpg

5. The first rule of the tautology club is the first rule of the tautology club.

6. Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me? (I've got to try this one out in philosophy class on Thursday. :P)

Yes, I know, unbearably lame, but not lame enough to be on the Lame Board. :P More to come... :)

Ancilla Domini

7. A cop pulls over Heisenberg driving down the freeway. The cop asks if he knew he was going 150 kms/h. Heisenberg responds: "Great, now I'm lost"

A man walks up to a solipsist and punches him repeatedly. He taunts him by asking, "Why are you hitting yourself?!"

The masochist asked the sadist to hurt him, but the sadist said "no."

How did the solipsist break up with his girlfriend?

"It's not you, it's me."

Descartes goes into a bar, sits down, and orders a beer. He finishes his beer, and the bartender says, "Descartes, would you like another?" Descartes responds, "I think not" and POOF! he disappears.

One time when I was at a retreat, the two priests and deacon that were there were challenged to put on a skit, and they only had thirty seconds to come up with it.  In the skit, one of the priests was kneeling down, neighing like a horse.  The other priest was on the same side of the stage as the horse and went, "I think.  Therefore I am."  He then took a few steps forward.  "I think.  Therefore I am."  The deacon, standing at the mic stand, closed the skit with, "And that's putting Descartes in front of the horse!"

...That had to be explained to a lot of the youth.  Me included.

Edited by Not A Mallard

One time when I was at a retreat, the two priests and deacon that were there were challenged to put on a skit, and they only had thirty seconds to come up with it.  In the skit, one of the priests was kneeling down, neighing like a horse.  The other priest was on the same side of the stage as the horse and went, "I think.  Therefore I am."  He then took a few steps forward.  "I think.  Therefore I am."  The deacon, standing at the mic stand, closed the skit with, "And that's putting Descartes in front of the horse!"

...That had to be explained to a lot of the youth.  Me included.

i don't get it and I kind of want to? 

puellapaschalis

i don't get it and I kind of want to?

Descartes is the guy famous for 'I think, therefore I am' (and a whole bunch of other stuff, but this isn't a thread about Maths).

[spoiler]'Descartes in front of the horse' sounds like 'The cart in front of the horse'.[/spoiler]

Descartes is the guy famous for 'I think, therefore I am' (and a whole bunch of other stuff, but this isn't a thread about Maths).

[spoiler]'Descartes in front of the horse' sounds like 'The cart in front of the horse'.[/spoiler]

Oooooh I get it now. Thank you