An Old School Catholic Message Board

Feeling Stuck

Katiebobatie94

Katiebobatie94

Sooo there are some moments where I am so sure that I am going to go back to Mary Help....and then there are other times where just the thought of going back seems so ridiculous. Do y'all think this is normal? Its really bothering me. 

Something to pay attention to is where you at spiritually when you feel one way or another. I can kind of relate to feeling like going back to the community is the most natural thing and other times when it seems completely ridiculous. I noticed the difference between those two feelings is how faithful I had been in  prayer. 

Katiebobatie94

I am sorry, Im new to Phatmass, but I'd love to help! Whats the situation if you dont mind me asking?

I just spent a year in religious formation. I left in June because of a bunch of different reasons. While I haven't officially discerned out, I am home for at least a year. 

Hmm. Well then if you are out at least until June, I'd say that it is very normal for yyou to be unsure. It seems like you took the time out because you need the year to figure out what the next step is for you, and that is exactly what you are doing! Stay diligent in your prayers, and eventually, the answer will come. At this point though, with so much time left to make that decision, it is okay to still be unsure, but keep praying about it

brandelynmarie

I think it's all very normal. :) One way to look at it is that God has given you a year to be home & rest & pray. If you would feel comfortable doing this, at some point try journaling about your experiences & how you are feeling now...this could be an actual journal, a collage or other artistic work...even a song list! It may help you get some perspective about everything...I'm also fond of lists pro/con or like/dislike. :) Prayers :pray:

Edited by brandelynmarie

TheresaThoma

Katie, most of all be gentle with yourself during this time. Have you been able to go on a retreat in the past three months? Or been in contact with a SD? I think both of those might give you a better perspective on the whole situation, level you out a bit. Its very easy to try to ignore the difficult bits and focus on plowing forward (ie trying to make a decision about whether to go back or not) but those difficult bits need to be dealt with.

Katiebobatie94

Katie, most of all be gentle with yourself during this time. Have you been able to go on a retreat in the past three months? Or been in contact with a SD? I think both of those might give you a better perspective on the whole situation, level you out a bit. Its very easy to try to ignore the difficult bits and focus on plowing forward (ie trying to make a decision about whether to go back or not) but those difficult bits need to be dealt with.

The retreat hasn't hapened....not sure when it will with work & whatnot. As for the SD yes I do have one...he has been running around like a mad man the past month though, so I haven't spoken with him. Its just frustrating. 

TheresaThoma

The retreat hasn't hapened....not sure when it will with work & whatnot. As for the SD yes I do have one...he has been running around like a mad man the past month though, so I haven't spoken with him. Its just frustrating

I understand how frustrating it can be. I'm in a similar position and most days I feel like I am just spinning my wheels. Prayers for you!

veritasluxmea

Been there, still there.

If it helps, I might recommend checking out Matthew 3:13, where John doesn't understand why he must baptize Jesus, but accepts it anyway. "Let it be so for now." And then John 11:1-44, where Jesus waited for two days before heading out to meet Mary and Maratha at Lazarus's death. There's no clear reason why He waited, but He did. Just being united with Him during those "days" can make it possible to get through that time of waiting when the future is unclear. idk, just a suggestion.