Lil Red Posted October 10, 2014 Posted October 10, 2014 I have a bunch of Catholic books that I'm never going to get around to reading, and I don't know what to do with them. I don't think there is a bookstore here that will take them for cash, and books on ebay don't usually do very well. Any ideas?
puellapaschalis Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 You don't want to send some to Europe, do you? *bats eyelashes*
brandelynmarie Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 Ahem... :bible: :love: I'll send you money to mail a book if it's a title I'm interested in ;)
CountrySteve937 Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 “The harm that comes to souls from the lack of reading holy books makes me shudder…. What power spiritual reading has to lead to a change of course, and to make even worldly people enter into the way of perfection.†- Padre Pio :saint2:
Lil Red Posted October 11, 2014 Author Posted October 11, 2014 “The harm that comes to souls from the lack of reading holy books makes me shudder…. What power spiritual reading has to lead to a change of course, and to make even worldly people enter into the way of perfection.†- Padre Pio :saint2: dude, you are so barking up the wrong tree. I have probably more than 200 Catholic books currently in my library, not counting Bibles. I realized though that I will most likely not get through all of them any time soon and I do need to pare down a bit.
Lil Red Posted October 11, 2014 Author Posted October 11, 2014 everyone else, I'll upload a list later today, thanks for your interest. ;)
Basilisa Marie Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 You can also donate them to your parish library. :)
Lil Red Posted October 11, 2014 Author Posted October 11, 2014 You can also donate them to your parish library. :) I would, if I thought that it wouldn't be a waste.
Lil Red Posted October 11, 2014 Author Posted October 11, 2014 (edited) Okay first dibs for DtA. Otherwise, please keep in mind that most of these are new and never read, there are a few that were read once, and how much you'd pay retail for some of these. Confessions of St. Augustine, edited by John K. Ryan The Passion of Jesus and Its Hidden Meaning, Groenings God's Armor, Mother Nadine Wisdom from Modern Martyrs, Jeanne Kun, editor Dethroning Jesus, Bock & Wallace Reading the Bible as God's Own Story, William S Kurz, SJ Praying with Pope John XXIII, Huebsch Praying with Dominic, Monshau Lord, Who Are You, Medina Estevez The Privilege of Being a Woman, Hildebrand DtA The Soul of the Apostolate, Dom Jean-Baptiste Chautard, DtA Mary Day by Day (prayer book) Jesus Is My All in All, Mother Teresa Abuse of Language, Abuse of Power, Josef Pieper, DtA The Words of Jesus: A Treasury of Wisdom Exiles, Ron Hansen Songs From a Mother's Heart, Kennedy Prayer of the Warrior, Michael H Brown Vatican II in Plain English, volumes 1-3, Huebsch Your Labor of Love, Agnes M Penny God for Grownups, Virginia Smith The Holy Longing, Ronald Rolheiser The Spirit of Early Christian Thought, Robert Louis Wilken I also have a St. Joseph Continuous Sunday Missal, published in 1957. This is a very beautiful book with lovely pictures. I have no idea what it would be worth, maybe $20? Edited October 11, 2014 by Lil Red
Deus te Amat Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 At a first glance, I'll take Hildebrand, Chautard, and Pieper. :)
veritasluxmea Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 I'm interested in the Praying with Dominic book by Monsheau. I tried to send a pm but didn't work... >.<
Lil Red Posted October 11, 2014 Author Posted October 11, 2014 I'm interested in the Praying with Dominic book by Monsheau. I tried to send a pm but didn't work... >.< sorry about that, I had my pm turned off. you can try now. :)
Basilisa Marie Posted October 12, 2014 Posted October 12, 2014 I was all going to be like "OOOH I TAKE WILKEN" but then I looked up and saw that book on my shelf. oops. Way to take Pieper before I could snatch it, DtA.
brandelynmarie Posted October 12, 2014 Posted October 12, 2014 I was all going to be like "OOOH I TAKE WILKEN" but then I looked up and saw that book on my shelf. oops. Way to take Pieper before I could snatch it, DtA. ^^^ What she said. ;)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now