An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering

SilentJoy

I was accepted by a Cistercian community to discern the vocation of Cloistered Oblate with them, and I'm scheduled to enter toward the end of October. I have been working for the community since spring (so all of my stuff is already here) and have never been happier. Please pray for lots of grace and mercy so that I may know and do the will of God, and for perseverance.

brandelynmarie

:dance: :dance2: :dance3: :dance4: :dance5: :dance6:

:amen: :pray: :nunpray: :saint: <---St. Benedict

:bounce:

Congratulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaations! 

:cheers2:  :cheers2:  :cheers2:  :cheers2:

:proud:  :proud:  :proud:  :proud:  :proud:  :proud:

be_thou_my_vision

Can you tell us a little more about what it means to be a cloistered oblate? I'm not familiar with that, but so very excited for you nonetheless! Congratulations!

Cistercian life is quite austere.  I'm impressed :proud:  I'll say a prayer for you and when you enter, please keep all of us PMers in your prayers too!  God Bless!

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers.

Can you tell us a little more about what it means to be a cloistered oblate? I'm not familiar with that, but so very excited for you nonetheless! Congratulations!

A cloistered Oblate is essentially a lay-Sister under a different title. They wear the habit and live the life but are not required to pray the Hours (the idea was that someone could carry on with necessary work while the Choir Sisters fulfilled their duty to the liturgy), and they make promises instead of vows.

Ancilla Domini

I was accepted by a Cistercian community to discern the vocation of Cloistered Oblate with them, and I'm scheduled to enter toward the end of October. I have been working for the community since spring (so all of my stuff is already here) and have never been happier. Please pray for lots of grace and mercy so that I may know and do the will of God, and for perseverance.

*gasp* Oh my goodness gracious, SJ!! I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations! :yahoo: :nun2: