An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Blast From The Past! The Singing Nun Vocation Promotion

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Ok. most of you probably never saw the Singing Nun and it was a bit "sweet" 45 years ago but this is a nice little clip that is "pro" vocation!

I think most of this went right past me when I saw reruns at a kid!

Enjoy! :-)

http://youtu.be/cbBjJlRvQFM?t=4m36s and end at 8:57

It shows up in my preview post then disappears!

[media]http://[/media]

Edited by Sr. Mary Catharine

She was a domincan nun right? And she left the order. She did have a beautiful voice and the sisters who taught me thoight I should learn her songs

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Actually, I meant the FLYING NUN!

I shouldn't go online at the end of a day making candles! Too tired!

What you did to me with this thread! I ended up staying up late watching three episodes. In the 3rd season, I think it's episode 19, the sisters get new habits and they're the most HIDEOUS things. They all all look like blowsy Edwardian nurses! By the end of the episode they're back in the old habit though. 

Hi everyone! I have followed VS for years and figured I'd take the plunge and join! I have a deep love for our Lord and Blessed Mother who have been with me every step of this bumpy way. My path to the convent became scrambled when life got in the way and although now a wife with beautiful grandchildren, I still feel that tug, sometimes a yank!
Regarding the Flying Nun, it was my favorite show as a child and I must admit I have the seasons on DVD!! Many a Halloween I dressed as Sr. Bertrille, making the cornette. She did a beautiful Christmas song called Follow the Star that you can find on You Tube searching the flying nun follow the star. Click on the Colgems one.
"Follow the Star, follow the Star. It shines there for you who ever you are. If you believe, you'll travel far. You'll find your way if you follow the Star"

• 5 months later...