penguin31 Posted October 27, 2014 Author Posted October 27, 2014 (edited) I think I may be far closer to making peace with myself than I'd expected when I made this thread - and as a bonus it's even in a way that reconciles with Church teaching and my own personal search for my Vocation. Honestly, I think I just needed to be told I was still loved and still welcome even after having spent the past year and a half thinking about this. I never really did anything physically, so there's no real lasting physical damage in having asked the question - and no risk of scandal by re-integrating myself into Parish life. And I'm not afraid of that vocational call anymore either. After staring THIS down and now coming out the other side, well... I'm one Confession away from being back in full Communion. I think I may go this week. Thanks all. Edited October 27, 2014 by penguin31
Semper Catholic Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 Our bodies are simply a vessel for our mind. Do with them as you feel.
Credo in Deum Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 Our bodies are simply a vessel for our mind. Do with them as you feel. "Or know you not, that your members are the temple of the Holy Ghost, who is in you, whom you have from God; and you are not your own ? For you are bought with a great price. Glorify and bear God in your body."-- 1 Corinthians 6:20
PhuturePriest Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 I think I may be far closer to making peace with myself than I'd expected when I made this thread - and as a bonus it's even in a way that reconciles with Church teaching and my own personal search for my Vocation. Honestly, I think I just needed to be told I was still loved and still welcome even after having spent the past year and a half thinking about this. I never really did anything physically, so there's no real lasting physical damage in having asked the question - and no risk of scandal by re-integrating myself into Parish life. And I'm not afraid of that vocational call anymore either. After staring THIS down and now coming out the other side, well... I'm one Confession away from being back in full Communion. I think I may go this week. Thanks all. I remember you very well, and perhaps you remember me (Don't let Dust's tomfoolery confuse you; my original name was FuturePriest387). I'm very happy to see you back, and know that I will be praying for you. May the peace of God which surpasses all understanding guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
Amppax Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 Pen! Good to see you again. I don't have anything to add, but know you're in my prayers.
Ice_nine Posted October 28, 2014 Posted October 28, 2014 I just don't get it. I'm sorry, but I don't understand . . . your name is penguin yet you have a rubber duck for your avatar.
TheresaThoma Posted October 28, 2014 Posted October 28, 2014 I think I may be far closer to making peace with myself than I'd expected when I made this thread - and as a bonus it's even in a way that reconciles with Church teaching and my own personal search for my Vocation. Honestly, I think I just needed to be told I was still loved and still welcome even after having spent the past year and a half thinking about this. I never really did anything physically, so there's no real lasting physical damage in having asked the question - and no risk of scandal by re-integrating myself into Parish life. And I'm not afraid of that vocational call anymore either. After staring THIS down and now coming out the other side, well... I'm one Confession away from being back in full Communion. I think I may go this week. Thanks all. Good to hear! Maybe I will get my butt back to confession this weekend too. Its been awhile Remember the Evil One always wants us to keep things in secret and in the dark. We can only see things truely and clearly when we bring them out into the light. That and a whole lot of love keeps everything in its proper perspective.
penguin31 Posted October 28, 2014 Author Posted October 28, 2014 I just don't get it. I'm sorry, but I don't understand . . . your name is penguin yet you have a rubber duck for your avatar. It was a confusing time in my life!
Not A Mallard Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 (edited) I'm glad that you're able to find peace through this thread. (Look at that, I'm not a duck either!) Edited October 29, 2014 by Not A Mallard
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now