An Old School Catholic Message Board

Yosemite

puellapaschalis

Ash Wednesday

Colleagues and I just thought, "gee, did they really run out of cats to name it after?"

And I didn't care for the name Maverick, because it just made me think of Top Gun or Sarah Palin parodies.

Yosemite is a pretty name. And park, for that matter. :)

Ignatius -- the names of the Mac OS change fairly frequently, almost annually I think. Think of the Yosemite name as a nice tribute from Apple, albeit temporary. They'll probably move on to something like "Sequoia" next year or something like that.

puellapaschalis

PS No, I really do think I'm starting to like the pretty.

[attachment=3316:Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 21.41.36.png]

IgnatiusofLoyola

Colleagues and I just thought, "gee, did they really run out of cats to name it after?"

And I didn't care for the name Maverick, because it just made me think of Top Gun or Sarah Palin parodies.

Yosemite is a pretty name. And park, for that matter. :)

Ignatius -- the names of the Mac OS change fairly frequently, almost annually I think. Think of the Yosemite name as a nice tribute from Apple, albeit temporary. They'll probably move on to something like "Sequoia" next year or something like that.

My post should have been clearer. I have NO problem with Yosemite as a name for a computer program--it's a nice name.

It's just that I don't keep up with technology, so when I read the title of the thread, I immediately thought of Yosemite National Park. I grew up in California, and I visited Yosemite at least once a year--lots of nice memories.

Then I veered about 45 degrees off-topic in my post--I do that a lot--because I don't have a linear mind. It's my lovable eccentricity. :smile2:

Note to readers of my posts who don't know me: If I ever say something that strikes you as insulting or negative, there is about a 95% chance that I wasn't clear enough in my post, and there was nothing in my post intended to be negative or judgemental. If I have a negative reaction to a post, virtually all the time I say nothing. In the unusual case that I feel negatively, and I do say something, it will be OBVIOUS that I had a negative reaction. Namely, I'll say outright "I find that insulting," or whatever. I wasn't always this way on Phatmass when I first joined, but it's been four years and I've changed a lot. I don't post as much, and when I do, it's almost always to say something postive or neutral (or stupid or off-topic--but benign).  :punk: