An Old School Catholic Message Board

Solemn Profession!

MADS

Today, on the Feast of All Saints, Sr. Maria Teresita of the Infant Jesus celebrated her Solemn Profession. She became a Bride of Christ at the Carmel of the Holy Cross in Iron Mountian, MI. She is the sweetest soul and please keep her in prayer!

Wonderful news!!! Congratulations to Sister! :nun1: Thank you for sharing this! That is such a great Carmel and I am so happy to hear this!

oh neat! I just remembered that the new bishop of Marquette Bishop Doerfler is a Third Order Carmelite (OCDS) I'm sure he loves Iron Mountain Carmel and gave a wonderful homily for this event!! 

Wow I did not know that about the Bishop- thank you for this information! 😊 The Carmel has a wonderful community and is so beautiful around there!!

Alberto Guimaraes

:saint2: Peace and Good!  :nun3: 

Jesus, Mary and St. Theresa of Jesus keep her and bless her!   :pope2: 

Br. Alberto Guimaraes OFS

Braga - Portugal  

Edited by Alberto Guimaraes

Wow I did not know that about the Bishop- thank you for this information! 😊 The Carmel has a wonderful community and is so beautiful around there!!

I learned that because he was going to lead this Carmelite pilgrimage last year, which I was considering joining. It ended up being cancelled because of unexpected changes in his schedule. I know they are looking for a priest for their 2015 Carmelite pilgrimage so maybe they'll be blessed enough to get him again, this time as a bishop!

http://www.materdeitours.com/files/5713/5716/9739/PDF_LIT_-_CARM_OCT_2013_-_BROCHURE.pdf

It's mentioned in this article as well & his mother was also in Carmel, http://www.thecompassnews.org/2014/01/appointment-catches-priests-family-surprise/

Germaine [his mother] herself had been a Carmelite at the Carmel of the Mother of God in Pewaukee. Health issues forced her to return home, with the intent of going back to Carmel when she was well again. (Her son, John, today is a member of the secular Carmelites.)